Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Big Bobby Sanchez

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’m starting a campaign to get him back in the team.

Indeed, I’ve started it.

First question Graham: why play him away at Spurs, he performed well enough, and inexplicably drop him from every match day squad since?... why do you revel in being deliberately bizarre with regard your selection policy?

It’s not clever, it’s bloody annoying... infuriating even. ARGHHHHHHHH.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Been at the club since he was 15/16. 23 now. We've invested in his development for years. Let's give the kid a bloody chance...nobody deserves the loyalty Ryan has been afforded.

Well you got your wish :)

I think in his two matches Ive seen i now thoroughly understand why Potter hasnt played him - Sanchez clearly doesnt like the tippy tappy stuff from the back and played hoofball for most of the match which didnt work out too bad in the end but is not the "Potter Way"

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

I think in his two matches Ive seen i now thoroughly understand why Potter hasnt played him - Sanchez clearly doesnt like the tippy tappy stuff from the back and played hoofball for most of the match which didnt work out too bad in the end but is not the "Potter Way"

Agreed but I want a keeper who doesn’t let in goals. Don’t care if he’s brilliant, lucky, can do 100 keepy uppies or is a nice guy but if he keeps a clean sheet then I am happy.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Its not the keepers job to nutmeg Man City/Liverpool strikers and thread a silky pass through to midfield.

He commanded his area and saved several goal bound efforts. Its His shirt for Ryan to try and earn back.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex

I loved his cool, confident demeanour. I'm Bobby Sanchez and I do what I want.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
It's weird that he doesn't seem to get on the bench but Steele does but gets the nod over Steele.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I like the look of this lad , it would be madness to drop him again , I wouldn't put it past Potter to do so but I think Maty now has a proper rival for the shirt , which must be good for the squad as a whole .

Boy can he kick it , yes he can .

Oh dear, GK doesn't gently pass the ball to a defender being pressed ten yards away and people start moaning about 'hoofball'.

Where do you see a complaint in my statement? "Sanchez clearly doesnt like the tippy tappy stuff from the back and played hoofball for most of the match which didnt work out too bad in the end"..Watch the match its a fact. What else do you call the "normal" way of clearing the lines. Hoof it into the opposition half. You cant tap it into their half or throw it into their half, you HOOF it , right??

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

Personally I think he was more than comfortable with the ball at his feet and any use of his 7 iron long ball was under instruction to relieve pressure on the back three.

Unsurprisingly given he’s built like Thor when he puts his foot through it it goes like a howitzer and that’s a useful weapon in comparison to Maty who struggles to deliver just over the halfway line.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Its not the keepers job to nutmeg Man City/Liverpool strikers and thread a silky pass through to midfield.

He commanded his area and saved several goal bound efforts. Its His shirt for Ryan to try and earn back.

[tweet]1339339602637828109[/tweet]

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
He seems very calm although who knows what is going on in his head.
I wonder how much of his ‘attributes’ is the fact that he looks huge and therefore more physical teams like Fulham and Sheffield United will think that it’s not worth putting crosses into the six yard box whereas they would have with Ryan. Same for Burnley.
Also, the boy can kick that ball a long way.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
He seems very calm although who knows what is going on in his head.
I wonder how much of his ‘attributes’ is the fact that he looks huge and therefore more physical teams like Fulham and Sheffield United will think that it’s not worth putting crosses into the six yard box whereas they would have with Ryan. Same for Burnley.
Also, the boy can kick that ball a long way.
We probably totally ruined Fulham's game plan yesterday as no doubt their training would have focused on Ryan being in goal.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Been at the club since he was 15/16. 23 now. We've invested in his development for years. Let's give the kid a bloody chance...nobody deserves the loyalty Ryan has been afforded.

Hmm.

You do remember who our backups were prior to this season? Button was fairly limited to say the least. Steele seems to only be on the staff for warm ups of both the starting keeper and the bench. I do believe Sunderland - yes Sunderland - fans wanted to drive him here themselves.

Ryan got the loyalty because he was better than his competition. On last night's evidence that might no longer be the case.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I wouldn’t agree with that, Sanchez is very good with ball to feet and was certainly tapping it around the defence with the rest of the back 3.. seems like he fits the Potter way to me...

Plus he saves shots. He may have got us a point last night.

Sanchez [emoji123]

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Personally I think he was more than comfortable with the ball at his feet and any use of his 7 iron long ball was under instruction to relieve pressure on the back three.

Unsurprisingly given he’s built like Thor when he puts his foot through it it goes like a howitzer and that’s a useful weapon in comparison to Maty who struggles to deliver just over the halfway line.

[emoji122][emoji122]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here