Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate and Molumby

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Who would you drop?

I’d like to see Alzate in the side but you are correct ... who does he drop.

Biss and Groß are playing very well at the moment so Alzate might have to wait for his opportunity. I would be disappointed however if White is picked again in a midfield 2 before Alzate gets a start.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
There’s a very good chance that may well happen though, you can’t keep everyone. It’s up to the club to make sure we keep the players who will be best for us in the long term.

The Cook example is a good one, yes he did very well for Bournemouth but we haven’t struggled for decent centre backs in that time either have we? At the time he wasn’t close to be being first choice so had to move on for his own career.
It worked out well all round.

Well I'm not so sure.
In hindsight think it would have been better to take a chance on Steve Cook at the expense of El Abd. Then either kept him or sold him for a decent transfer fee later on.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere

[tweet]1346392178013171712[/tweet]

According to wiki their record transfer fee is only £900k so it might not be a particularly great offer.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Sad if he goes. Think he’s got real potential. Hasn’t had the chances he’d have liked, so I’d understand if he’s frustrated.

Not sure if a concern:

[tweet]1346399760752766976[/tweet]

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Have we said he won't be loaned out this window?

No. We've not said that. There was a few interviews at the beginning of the season where he was saying 'play me or let me go (on loan)'. We haven't played him.
He seems a very motivated and ambitious boy. He obviously enjoyed his time at Millwall, and loved playing regularly.
We've seen first hand (with Lamptey) that some young footballers will choose playing over the team/level they play at.
Quite possible he is thinking 'i'll go to Millwall and if i play as well as i know i can a Prem team will be in for me within 18 months'.
Hopefully we can get a good loan for him because he has real potential.

I do wonder why the likes of him haven't been given more of a chance, 20 minutes here and there. Our squad is bloated and this is one of the problems caused by that IMHO.

With Moder coming in you'd think he has even less chance this season.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Our squad is incredibly bloated - especially in the centre of midfield. Molumby needs game time, so let's get him out on loan. We'll get the benefit of it next season, either way.

Charity Shield 1910

Jan 4, 2021
Who should or shouldn't play in midfield isn't a big issue. The midfield this season has played numerous teams off the park and kept us in almost all games. Bissouma is quality and I said so the first time I saw him play. He looks like a footballer and will move onto a top side either in England or abroad. The problems with the team are in defending set pieces and converting chances. Potter really has to look at how they defend set pieces and it must change from our next game. If defending set pieces doesn't improve over the next 5 games then this will cost him his job. 13 goals in 17 games from a set piece is not acceptable. After that he also has to coach the forwards we have to have composure in front of goal. They need to practice morning noon and nght until they improve. So for me, I would be looking to find or buy or create a striker and sort out the set piece defending before worrying above the midfield. Whilst I'm on it, Ben White should not be in midfield. He either gets in the team as a centre half or he is dropped. Potter's call.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sad if he goes. Think he’s got real potential. Hasn’t had the chances he’d have liked, so I’d understand if he’s frustrated.

This goes for Sanders too.

Getting ahead of the players above them in Potter’s mind for a CM start in the Premier League is probably a mountain too high to climb:

Bissouma
Groß
Lallana
White
Pröpper
Alzate
Moder

I suspect both will be top level players in what ever Country they settle.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This goes for Sanders too.

Getting ahead of the players above them in Potter’s mind for a CM start in the Premier League is probably a mountain too high to climb:

Bissouma
Groß
Lallana
White
Pröpper
Alzate
Moder

I suspect both will be top level players in what ever Country they settle.

Tau too.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
vagabond;9670207[B said:
]Great to see the comments from Millwall fans and how much they rate Molumby.[/B]

Our youth system really starting to pay off.

Did they also mention that he is Millwall through and through, that he was never rated at Brighton until they turned him in to a decent player and that his girlfriend lives near the New Den?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here