Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Maradona has died

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
This is why he was the best player to ever grace a football pitch.
No other player in history could take apart the opposition team by himself.
The way the players of today think they are special because they"draw a foul"or"win a penalty"need to take a look at maradona.
Studs flying in all over the place but he just keeps going.
He was completely unplayable and even if you wanted to foul him you still couldn't stop him.
Enjoy the video.

Not tall enough

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you still want VAR in 1986?

[tweet]1332316293643563009[/tweet]

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
What a great programme last night (albeit made over 14 years ago) with Gary Lineker visiting sunny Argentina to meet Diego Maradona. It was hilarious seeing the jug-eared goal hanger shìt his pants when they were waiting for the elevator and the fans going berserk over their hero, Maradona. What a chaotic life with all the mad people around him. Lineker speaks amazing Spanish, the smug git.

The one-to-one was special even though it became clear that Maradona had enjoyed a line or eight of marching powder with the way he was gripping things and had white specs of powder on his nostrils. Or maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me? Either way, there seemed a deep respect for each other as Mexico '86 was both 'their' tournament. Lineker, it's easy to forget, was the Golden Boot winner with six goals.

Sad that Maradona looked so well in the documentary and 15 years on he's in a grave. Fascinating viewing last night and well worth watching on catch-up.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How much of his ability was natural and how much was down to him taking drugs? Not something we will ever know.

You don’t play better football on coke trust me.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Was surprised to see a clap for him at the premier league games today. I wouldn’t have been clapping that’s for sure.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You don’t play better football on coke trust me.

I dunno, I said the same about cannabis and it was mostly true, but one time I smoked the perfect amount of a nicely rolled joint from some unusual strain and for the rest of that Sunday football session me and the other guy smoking it were Gods, running without effort and scoring goals like never before.

No doubt even unexpected drugs can change your performance. I definitely think some cocaine could boost your performance tbh. Perhaps not the bad, dirty stuff available in most of Euope but he probably had access to some really good shit.

That said, while it might help your game sometimes it will probably ruin your body and career in the long run.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Dont know if this is true? IMG-20201128-WA0001.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
A man who's greatness was defined by a huge chunk of luck from one game.

While acknowledging the genius of Maradona's match-winning effort, Shilton remains convinced that without the first goal, he would never have scored the second.

“I don't care what anybody says, it won the game for Argentina,” Shilton said of the ‘Hand of God’ incident.

“He scored a brilliant second almost immediately, but we were still reeling from what had happened minutes earlier.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/footb...o-forgive-diego-maradona-for-hand-of-god-goal

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I dunno, I said the same about cannabis and it was mostly true, but one time I smoked the perfect amount of a nicely rolled joint from some unusual strain and for the rest of that Sunday football session me and the other guy smoking it were Gods, running without effort and scoring goals like never before.

No doubt even unexpected drugs can change your performance. I definitely think some cocaine could boost your performance tbh. Perhaps not the bad, dirty stuff available in most of Euope but he probably had access to some really good shit.

That said, while it might help your game sometimes it will probably ruin your body and career in the long run.

If Maradona smoked grass he wouldn’t have contemplated the existence of God. They were pals.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If Maradona smoked grass he wouldn’t have contemplated the existence of God. They were pals.

You're right, he probably never smoked a joint..

A man who's greatness was defined by a huge chunk of luck from one game.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/footb...o-forgive-diego-maradona-for-hand-of-god-goal

:ffsparr:

Yup... was always the plan from what I've read, they just needed him to die first.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Hugo Maradona - Diego's younger brother - has now died.

Both tragically too young. I remember him very vaguely in the World Cup Panini sticker album of Argentina in Italia 1990?

RIP Hugo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here