Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Group Ticket Ballot.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
That’s not how I understand it. Can’t find the link at the moment but pretty sure Barber said the ticket exchange would be running.

Yes he did and I think he went further, saying he expected the exchange to be really busy, and prices on the exchange will be the same as ST equivalent prices for STH.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
What would happen if you are in a group of 4 and were successful in the ballot and then 1 person is unable to make the game. Will you be able to put a single ticket from a group on the exchange and just select a group of 3 seats, or would you still have to select 4 seats and have a stranger sit in your group

Also if successful and you select your seats and confirm and then 1 person can’t make it, will you still be able to put that ticket on the ticket exchange or will they be non-refundable once you have selected your seats

This is the big unknown. The easiest solution is to say tough - your group has been chosen and you cant make it; sorry. However, this is not helpful if, say it is Dad + 2 children; the children can come but Dad can't. Bit harsh on the kids.

One solution would be to have one hold over opportunity to next game. Miss that and you have lost your allocation. This has two problems: 1) it would have to apply also to individuals, else group members are getting an unfair advantage, so is administratively complex; 2) could be abused if people don't fancy Fulham at home, say, and prefer the game against Spurs 4 days later.

The ticket exchange issue applies to individuals too. An alternative is to select 5,000, say, and allocate 'can't make its' in turn.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That’s not how I understand it. Can’t find the link at the moment but pretty sure Barber said the ticket exchange would be running.

Yep, the solution to the "What do I do if I win the ballot but can't come?" question was to put the ticket onto the ticket exchange.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
So if everyone gets an equal chance to attend then a group of six should be taken out of the draw 5 out of 6 times but the one time in six they are in the draw they have a six times chance to be drawn (one chance for each person). And so a group of two should be included in every other draw and so on?

see #20 for an alternative solution to this.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Also was told by Supporter Services that fans should be expecting a "flurry" of emails following the tiering news.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Been on a funeral today and a number of mourners were Albion fans, talking after the service one of them said he thought he would be exempt because he's over 70.

Does anyone know, given that they have all our DOB's if there will be age exemptions in the ballot?

If you are under 70 but have underlying health issues does that make you exempt as well, or do you enter the ground at your own risk, which we all do every game anyway?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Been on a funeral today and a number of mourners were Albion fans, talking after the service one of them said he thought he would be exempt because he's over 70.

Does anyone know, given that they have all our DOB's if there will be age exemptions in the ballot?

If you are under 70 but have underlying health issues does that make you exempt as well, or do you enter the ground at your own risk, which we all do every game anyway?

I don't recollect anything mentioned about ages however it was mentioned if you had a shielding letter you can advise the club and be exempt.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I posted this on the other thread but in case you've missed it.

I do not know if this has already been mentioned on the thread. I just spoke to the club on live chat and you do not initially opt out of the ballot. If you are drawn out of the hat, you will be notified, within this notification there will be an opt out option. So, it seems you get 6 opt out options if you get drawn out 6 times or they are just doing away with the 6 opt outs, not sure. If you don't get drawn out, no worries. Previously, they said if you were drawn out, you either go to the match, sell the ticket online or lose the money /ticket.

This sounds a better way of doing things.

With regard 1 person in a group not wanting to go if the group is pulled out, yes that 1 person can opt out and the others go.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
From what I understand, a 'group' is treated as one person therefor a group of 4 only has one chance of getting a ticket

Pretty sure this is correct - it would be massively unfair on those attending as individuals if people in a group of 4 had 4x the chance of succeeding.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

My apologies.

You're right - it's a lot of faffing to 'apply' (not opt out) and then sell again. Ho hum.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pretty sure this is correct - it would be massively unfair on those attending as individuals if people in a group of 4 had 4x the chance of succeeding.

Wouldn't that then work partly the other way (ie would people therefore have a better chance of getting a ticket if not bubbled and staying individual ?). I'm too crap at maths to work out the probability in each scenario but PB stated that there is 'no difference' in your chances whether bubbled or not......................

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If the news tomorrow is that we are in a high tier, then how does that affect a group of 6 people?

Can you not get together with anyone but your family members?

Of corse if it was height they won’t allow people in anyway

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If the news tomorrow is that we are in a high tier, then how does that affect a group of 6 people?

Can you not get together with anyone but your family members?

Of corse if it was height they won’t allow people in anyway

You’re not necessarily together anyway - once successful in the ballot you have to then choose seats. May not be any availability close together. Suspect they’ll still be spaced as they were for the Chelsea friendly?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Wouldn't that then work partly the other way (ie would people therefore have a better chance of getting a ticket if not bubbled and staying individual ?). I'm too crap at maths to work out the probability in each scenario but PB stated that there is 'no difference' in your chances whether bubbled or not......................

Yes, you're right. I'm the one who's dumb at maths.

I *think* how it works is that everyone enters the ballot individually.

If you get a ticket and one or more of the other people in your bubble also do, you can all sit together. That's the only diffrerence. If you get a ticket, and no-one else does, you go on your own (or turn down the ticket).

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Yes, you're right. I'm the one who's dumb at maths.

I *think* how it works is that everyone enters the ballot individually.

If you get a ticket and one or more of the other people in your bubble also do, you can all sit together. That's the only diffrerence. If you get a ticket, and no-one else does, you go on your own (or turn down the ticket).

Don’t think that’s right. It’s all or none for tickets and seat selection is separate. Below is a quote from the article on the website

‘ Being part of the same group means you will be successful in the ballot together, it does not require you to sit together and does not guarantee seats being available together (please note by having a group this will not increase or decrease your likelihood of success).’

https://tickets.brightonandhovealbion.com/en-GB/categories/ballots

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here