Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A maximum of 4,000 fans to be allowed at outdoor sports events

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
If some teams are in Tier 1, some in Tier 2 and some in Tier 3. Surely that gives the teams in Tier 1 and Tier 2 have an avantage over the teams in Tier 3. So how would that work?

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
If some teams are in Tier 1, some in Tier 2 and some in Tier 3. Surely that gives the teams in Tier 1 and Tier 2 have an avantage over the teams in Tier 3. So how would that work?

I was just thinking the same. You can imagine the likes of ManU, City and Liverpool throwing their toys out of the pram at the next Prem meeting

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Since you're without a doubt the best fan on here I suspect they'll have warmed your balls, so to speak.

I can't think of a metric that doesn't make my balls warm.

Alphabetical - check.
Sustainable transport - check.
Pro Barber-out - check
Post count - check.
Non flask - check.
West Sussex - check.
Quiet as mouse - check.

Happy dayz!

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I was just thinking the same. You can imagine the likes of ManU, City and Liverpool throwing their toys out of the pram at the next Prem meeting
Don't think they can grumble when they've had am advantage in number of supporters in a stadium for years

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Excellent news especially for the lower league teams who would probably been operating on a 50 % attendance figure anyway , as for us toffs in The Premier League with larger stadiums it's a good start to hopefully full stadiums again by next season , people just need to be sensible now to see the benefit later on , fantastic news .

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

I think I heard the managers say any fans would be better than none so it shouldn't be a problem. I can't see 4,000 fans spread around a 30,000 stadium as much of an advantage

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Not sure it's much of an advantage to Webster (March, Ryan, Burn or whoever is the allocated scapegoat at the time) it is to have even 2500 people tutting loudly every time they pass the ball sideways........................

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think I heard the managers say any fans would be better than none so it shouldn't be a problem. I can't see 4,000 fans spread around a 30,000 stadium as much of an advantage

Not so sure - even 2500 at the Chelsea friendly was alright - much better than I expected (need to bear in mind that was basically an 'away' crowd though, not a collection of silent West Lower retirees)

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Based on the news that the national lockdown will end on the 02nd December and that in areas with low transmission rates plus the news of vaccines possibly being available within a few weeks means now is the time to start looking forward and for us that's getting back inside the Amex which the club has already demonstrated can be done safely, the only unresolved issue is transportation

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Worrying about any advantage gained from some teams having 4000 crowds would be cutting off noses to spite faces. Clubs needs fans back in grounds and the only way this is going to happen is by accepting Government restrictions. I don’t see them deciding to reject the offer and keep all fans out.
What interests me is whether fans will be allowed to travel from tier 3 to tier 1/2 areas to attend games.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Worrying about any advantage gained from some teams having 4000 crowds would be cutting off noses to spite faces. Clubs needs fans back in grounds and the only way this is going to happen is by accepting Government restrictions. I don’t see them deciding to reject the offer and keep all fans out.
What interests me is whether fans will be allowed to travel from tier 3 to tier 1/2 areas to attend games.

Exact;y - it's very much in their interests to let it happen - if the data is good (ie no increase in R etc as a result of attending matches) then there will be scope to gradually increase the numbers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here