Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should Lewis Hamilton be knighted?

Should Lewis Hamilton be knighted?

• Total voters

so just to back up my comments somewhere in this thread:
George Russel MAKING HIS DEBUT FOR MERCEDES - topped the lap charts in FP1 today ( https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/formula1/53912769 ) . This is the man that has been BACK THREE in the Williams all season
I have been Hamilton fan throughout his career but it does sort of confirm how much is the car over the driver ability.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
George Russel MAKING HIS DEBUT FOR MERCEDES - topped the lap charts in FP1 today ( https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/formula1/53912769 ) . This is the man that has been BACK THREE in the Williams all season
I have been Hamilton fan throughout his career but it does sort of confirm how much is the car over the driver ability.

Give Bottas a chance :lolol:
And George is a grt driver, F2 champ at first go snd gp3 champ the year before
He was on the Mercs junior driver programme and is still a Mercs contractrd driver, thats how high they rate him
He battered Kubica last year and Latifi this year
And everyone agrees the merc is the best car by some margin

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Hey perhaps he deserves the queen steel upon his shoulder.:lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Great FP1 for Russell, a talented young exciting driver. However F1 practice sessions often throw up stange timings as different teams and different drivers try out different race modes, qualifying modes, tyres, trim etc. Mercedes may well have gone full qualifying trim for Russell to get his confidence up, whereas Bottas may have been in a full fuel race setup. Will be fascinating to see how he gets on.

Also remember we are at the end of a rules and regulations cycle. Most teams gave up developing their cars for this season, putting everything into 2021's new rules cars. This has meant that the Merc is the fastest out there by a distance, but not always been the case. 2017 and 2018 the Ferrari was faster, as it was when Lewis won in a McClaren in 2008. Spoils the narrative though of it being the faster car when it isn't I suppose.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Young lad has big shoes to fill albiet for one race. Hamilton came third in his first F1 race. Will be interesting to see how his performance compares, if of course you can compare.

D

Deleted member 2719

Young lad has big shoes to fill albiet for one race. Hamilton came third in his first F1 race. Will be interesting to see how his performance compares, if of course you can compare.

I am not sure Hamilton's feet are that big mate.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hey perhaps he deserves the queen steel upon his shoulder.:lolol:

If he dominates qualifying and then the race, he’ll be on the way:thumbsup:

I’ll stick my neck out and say as good as Russell is he will do very well to end up on the podium, SIR Jackie Stewart is raving about him apparently so he must be a champ in the making, move over Max :wink:

Mercedes will probably bin Hamilton off after this weekend :lolol:

I think Russell will over cook it and not finish the race, there I said it

D

Deleted member 2719

If he dominates qualifying and then the race, he’ll be on the way:thumbsup:

I’ll stick my neck out and say as good as Russell is he will do very well to end up on the podium, SIR Jackie Stewart is raving about him apparently so he must be a champ in the making, move over Max :wink:

Mercedes will probably bin Hamilton off after this weekend :lolol:

I think Russell will over cook it and not finish the race, there I said it

I had him to finish in the top 7 as he is not only a rookie but also will have so much pressure on his shoulders.

He may bin it anything can happen in f1 unless you are at the front, I hope he can pull out a quick lap tomorrow.

He also seems quite down to earth.

So you're wishing him to bin it then???

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I had him to finish in the top 7 as he is not only a rookie but also will have so much pressure on his shoulders.

He may bin it anything can happen in f1 unless you are at the front, I hope he can pull out a quick lap tomorrow.

Nah, I just think he will

D

Deleted member 2719

Nah, I just think he will

I hope not if he had Vettel as his opposite number it could be a strong possibility, but I am not Bottas would get involved in any horseplay. It would be a shame if he did as it's not every week you get to drive the fastest and best car on the grid.

I wish him well.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

He isn’t a rookie, he is finishing his second season in F1.

There will be pressure but he’s driven over 6,500 km in Merc F1 cars, he is a contracted Merc driver.

Anything can happen even when you are at the front.

:dunce:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

There will be pressure but he’s driven over 6,500 km in Merc F1 cars, he is a contracted Merc driver.

Pressure is when you are in your first season in F1 and your team mate is an arrogant Spaniard who also happens to be the best driver on the grid and a double World Champion, and you end up with the same points as him over a season :wink:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This.

Fast in qualifying and practice, is an entirely different ball game to the race itself. Ask Bottas.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
[MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION]

There you go, proof of Hamilton genius. He doesn't race and Mercs fall apart, finishing 8th and 9th. The young upstart finished behind Bottas also.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Oh how convenient just as young George us on his way to up stage her royal highness Lewis. Mix up the tyres my arse, perfectly stage managed to make it look like a cock up. But hey that's how F1 has always been. In the 60's we wore F1 socks, time to get it out again.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here