Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should Lewis Hamilton be knighted?

Should Lewis Hamilton be knighted?

• Total voters

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I have a question for the 39.5% of NSC that are clearly a bit racist: what more does Hamilton have to do in his sport to warrant a knighthood?

is it possible to be a bit racist ...?? i mean surely you are or you aren't , isn't it like being a bit gay , a bit perverted or a bit of a ****..??

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
is it possible to be a bit racist ...?? i mean surely you are or you aren't , isn't it like being a bit gay , a bit perverted or a bit of a ****..??

I think you can be a bit perverted. Perhaps drawing a line at Boston pancakes or Belgian biscuits for example?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pay a full rate of tax in the UK.

He does.

But as an overseas resident, he doesn't pay UK taxes on his overseas earnings.

What sets him apart for these discussions about his tax arrangements, where online discussions never talk about the tax affairs of other honoured UK sports/movie stars now residing overseas?

It's got to be that he's black, especially now that's he's had the courage to support BLM.

Can't recall anyone on NSC ever whining about Jenson Button or any of the others. Strange that.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Would be wonderful (if impossible) to stick him in a 1967 Lotus 49 alongside Jim Clark and then to reverse the situation and put them both in modern day Mercedes. I think Clark would win the first one and lose the second but I'm sure it would be close...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He does.

But as an overseas resident, he doesn't pay UK taxes on his overseas earnings.

What sets him apart for these discussions about his tax arrangements, where online discussions never talk about the tax affairs of other honoured UK sports/movie stars now residing overseas?

It's got to be that he's black, especially now that's he's had the courage to support BLM.

Can't recall anyone on NSC ever whining about Jenson Button or any of the others. Strange that.

Not a single person mentioned Sir Ian Botham's questionable tax affairs ahead of him stepping into the Lords...

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Ah yes. Sir Phil the Caravan of Taylor. Much simpler days when our sporting heros challenged women to drinking games and sexually assaulted them when they threw up instead of campaigning to make lives better.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/1203738.stm

My point was purely to do with sporting achievements. If we take outside things into account then yes, he shouldn't have a knighthood. But then Hamilton has a few driving offences and was trans-shaming his 4 year old nephew a few years ago, I'd hope for more from a would be Knight of the realm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here