Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Potter in

Potter in

67 Not allowed!
    Bit bored of the negative thread titles on the front page - even if they do contain a good number of positive people in the replies. So I made this thread.

Iíve never been so excited to watch us play football than I have since Potter was appointed.
    (my first match, as a kid, was at Goldstone, vs. Portsmouth, mid eighties - for reference)

The results WILL come.
    Itís rough at the moment BUT we have a clear vision.
    (it was extremely rough for Southampton but they also had/have a clear vision, and then something clicked for them. They are now top of the league)

We dominate possession and create more chances, against almost anyone.
    We have some quality players: Lallana is tremendous and only getting better with every game, Welbeck is a very welcome addition, Lamptey is on another planet, etc. etc.
    Our stats are through the roof compared to our points.
    The team spirit looks strong.
    Weíve had a good chunk of bad luck and we are struggling for clinical finishing.

If you are watching the games you know good things are happening.
    I understand the frustration but, if we keep doing what we are doing, the results will come.

I think COVID set us back a bit this season (particularly when we reeled in the finances compared to some other clubs) but Iím still behind the board, the manager, the team, and the long term vision.
    While COVID continues to be an issue, or worse, my expectations have been tempered. We all want to be a mid-table team, but it might take a bit longer.

Anyway, if you want to add some positivity to this thread, please go ahead.
    If you feel the opposite, chip in.
    I selfishly wanted to see a positive thread title in a sea of negativity on the front page.

Iíll leave you with a couple of lads who arenít giving up any time soon.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      Never seen Brighton play like this, even under Gus/Mullery. Fabulous footballing team with (absolutely currently) NO CUTTING EDGE.

3 Not allowed!
      What a load of old shit!
      ● A 21-year-old man from Shoreham was arrested at the Amex stadium on suspicion of throwing a pie at Wilfried Zaha ●
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

21 Not allowed!
      Great thread! I agree. Loving it. The naysayers can do one. Why hanker for the glory days of division three?

My ex-wife used to moan about society: we now have the worst diet, education, health EVER! Eventually I had to tell her to **** off back to the middle ages. FFS.

Oh, by the way, Potter OUT! Barber OUT! Bloom OUT. Imaginary consortium IN! Steve Foster IN! Micky adams IN! The future of he club OUT! Sanity OUT!

Use the ignore function folks. It saves having to tell tossers to eff off. Fact.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SimpKingpin View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Bit bored of the negative thread titles on the front page - even if they do contain a good number of positive people in the replies. So I made this thread.

Iíve never been so excited to watch us play football than I have since Potter was appointed.
      (my first match, as a kid, was at Goldstone, vs. Portsmouth, mid eighties - for reference)

The results WILL come.
      Itís rough at the moment BUT we have a clear vision.
      (it was extremely rough for Southampton but they also had/have a clear vision, and then something clicked for them. They are now top of the league)

We dominate possession and create more chances, against almost anyone.
      We have some quality players: Lallana is tremendous and only getting better with every game, Welbeck is a very welcome addition, Lamptey is on another planet, etc. etc.
      Our stats are through the roof compared to our points.
      The team spirit looks strong.
      Weíve had a good chunk of bad luck and we are struggling for clinical finishing.

If you are watching the games you know good things are happening.
      I understand the frustration but, if we keep doing what we are doing, the results will come.

I think COVID set us back a bit this season (particularly when we reeled in the finances compared to some other clubs) but Iím still behind the board, the manager, the team, and the long term vision.
      While COVID continues to be an issue, or worse, my expectations have been tempered. We all want to be a mid-table team, but it might take a bit longer.

Anyway, if you want to add some positivity to this thread, please go ahead.
      If you feel the opposite, chip in.
      I selfishly wanted to see a positive thread title in a sea of negativity on the front page.

Iíll leave you with a couple of lads who arenít giving up any time soon.

Second link should be on the Deluded Leeds Fans thread (although I hope that's died a death by now as it ceased to be amusing, Killer W*nker or not).

10 Not allowed!
      Agree with OP. Youse are my adopted second team and you play some great stuff. Relegation shouldn't be a fear mostly because of how bad other teams are. Football should not be all about results, you should actually enjoy watching your team, and despite the naff results and frustration over the lack of finishing, you are incredibly enjoyable to watch to a neutral.
      Sensible madman

9 Not allowed!
      Listening to Lallana made me think "**** the bedwetters". Really.

A lot of them would rather be right (seeing the team lose) rather than being wrong and seeing the team win. Psychological stuff, quite tiresome.
      Members

11 Not allowed!
      Great thread, frustrating at the moment but the goal is clear and we are clinical finishing away from being a better team than most of us could have ever imagined.

Hold your nerve people. Hold your nerve.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

8 Not allowed!
      We're on the cusp of everything going right. That is wherein the difficulty lies. Potter's revolution of the team is well underway and perhaps even now, has the right amount of key players to effect what Potter is aiming for. Lallana and Welbeck's understanding, experience and ability, I feel are the very thing we were lacking because of budget constraints. Lamptey is the other key component to being able to play Potterball to win games.
      There are now too many positives in this team for the bad fortune to keep going.
      Why is it taking so long? Maybe its the same bedding in a single player would need to get into his groove at a club but harder to get right as there are more variables.
      We've got a deeper skilled squad than before to help too.
      Its something to do with the psychology and that is the final step maybe in getting it right... Being able to keep the belief going across our near misses.
      Get that right and we are there.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Great thread! I agree. Loving it. The naysayers can do one. Why hanker for the glory days of division three?

My ex-wife used to moan about society: we now have the worst diet, education, health EVER! Eventually I had to tell her to **** off back to the middle ages. FFS.

Oh, by the way, Potter OUT! Barber OUT! Bloom OUT. Imaginary consortium IN! Steve Foster IN! Micky adams IN! The future of he club OUT! Sanity OUT!

Use the ignore function folks. It saves having to tell tossers to eff off. Fact.
      Howís your head this morning H?