Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fed up with "positives" to take from games

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Watched the 2nd half on a dodgy Chinese stream.

We didn’t look remotely like scoring. The build up was far too slow - Burnley defended well but we made it easy for them. Lamptey looked our most dangerous player which is saying something with two strikers and Lallana on the pitch.

Potter’s tactics just didn’t work. The team looked ok on paper but just weren’t able to respond to Burnley’s approach. So questions must be asked of him.

Our goals tally isn’t good enough. We’ve got the players so Potter has to find a way of turning them into a team. Not a fan of Maupay either - too greedy and looks like he’s failing the no dickheads policy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Are Burnley hard to beat though? Their record this season is won zero, drawn 2 ( 1 against us), and lost 5. I think it means we are crap at scoring rather than Burnley being any good.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
easy for you to say, when Potter moves on you will start supporting that team.

The indications from this and the WBA game is that we are going to struggle again this season , if you can't beat an out of form team then you are not going to beat a good team (sure other factors come into play like referees etc).

More significantly is that we really look toothless and are not quick enough going forward with the irony being we have the fastest player in the PL in Lamptey and Connolly is no slouch.

The real problem is too many players don't think they are winners and are just moving the ball on.

the 19 shots stat is hiding the truth as many were appalling and not really threatening.

I agree that there is a confidence issue.
If Lamptey's shot had gone in in the first few minutes I think we would have scored 3 or 4.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Are Burnley hard to beat though? Their record this season is won zero, drawn 2 ( 1 against us), and lost 5. I think it means we are crap at scoring rather than Burnley being any good.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hang on just a gawd damn minute....

Everyone is using OUR stats for the whole of 2020, what about Burnley? They are P25 W8 D8 L7 pts 34 for 2020 - can we try to keep things in perspective? They’re on a poor run but they’re not a poor side by any stretch.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Am I allowed to say I'm beginning to lose faith in Potter or will I get called a 'bed-wetter' or similar?

Sadly you will get called a bed-wetter - some people just can't stop themselves using the phrase, justified or not. A bed-wetter would be someone screaming Potter out at every opportunity, predicting definite relegation and moaning that almost every player we've got is rubbish. On the other hand, just starting to have a few doubts is simply a realistic and rational position.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Totally agree. 30 games to go and we only need to win 1 in 3 of these and pick up a few draws here and there.

So, our run rate is 4 wins in 25, but 10 wins in 30 from here should be no problem? And we’ve already fluffed some easy home fixtures. Obviously nothing to worry about.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
So, our run rate is 4 wins in 25, but 10 wins in 30 from here should be no problem? And we’ve already fluffed some easy home fixtures. Obviously nothing to worry about.

We still have one more point than the corresponding fixtures last year....
......don't we?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
We're a team lacking confidence that's obvious.

I'm interested to see if we manage to score early doors again how we'll then look. For Newcastle and Man U we looked awesome.

Confidence is everything*

*wasn't Potter meant to the master of this with his pantos and dressing up as a rock star and singing?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
We're a team lacking confidence that's obvious.

I'm interested to see if we manage to score early doors again how we'll then look. For Newcastle and Man U we looked awesome.

Confidence is everything*

*wasn't Potter meant to the master of this with his pantos and dressing up as a rock star and singing?

Master? Just out of interest what has he really achieved in football long term?

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
The "positives to take" are annoying - but the impression remains that we could really clean up if we just got that bit of luck/confidence.

I guess it depends how much we consider that teams make their own luck - because certainly aren't making it at the moment.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Forest 1-0 up at the moment. I know the last 6 months of Hughton's reign was quite painful to watch, but I just wonder if he had this Brighton squad would he be be getting a few better results although maybe less pleasing on the eye. Just throwing that out there.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A positive is you and the plastic moaners might piss off and support another club and leave us all in peace.

Wanting to see Brighton win makes people plastics now? Wow. Your bar is basically a world record limbo bar, isn't it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here