Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Sean Connery RIP

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
RIP big man.

Put his career on the line to secure fair pay for screen actors. He was quietly a big mover in the film industry outside of what he is known for.

And magnificent in The Last Crusade.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Sean Connery, he played EVERY part as Sean Connery and I think we all loved him for it! A truly sad loss, I loved so many of his films, The Name of The Rose, The Man Who Would be King, The Untouchables and The Rock among many others... As for Bond, he was THE Bond....... " Shirley thurr musht be shome mistake?"

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Did the entire Bond marathon during the first lockdown, looks like I’m going in for round two.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I also loved his character in The Rock, which is a guilty pleasure of mine.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Scotland should have a day of mourning and solace for a Great Scot.

Oh wait they already locked down and everything shut anyhow up there.

I am truly sad at this news. :(:(

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
A terrific presence onscreen, not just in Bond but so many other films. Even in guest roles (Time Bandits, for example) he lit up the screen. And who else could be Indiana Jones' dad?

Other than Bond my favourites of his would be...

Zardoz
The Anderson Tapes
The Name of the Rose
The Rock

Four very different films but all terrific.

Last edited:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I have a great story about him, but it’s probably not true, though! A mate of a mate was at the 19th hole after a game of golf, also there having dinner with a lady was the great Sean Connery. This guy and his mates had drunk a few and started shouting across at big Sean, things like: “who was the best person you ever shagged, Sean!” It went on a while and Sean simply ignored them, concentrating on his meal and lady. A while later, Sean gets up to leave, he walks past this group of guys (still ignoring their questions), and guides his date to the door. He then stops, turns around, walks back to the group, leans in to the loudest mouthed one and says in his magnificent Scottish accent: “Petula Clark, up the arse.”

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
A shocking week for famous people dying. :(

I've never been a James Bond fan but appreciate what a great actor he was. RIP to Scotland's finest. Always liked the mentions about him in Trainspotting.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It would be wrong of me to bring up, now, the main reason why a regular poster deemed Lewis Hamilton to be unfit to be regarded as Britains greatest ever sportsman.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
RIP to a good man and great actor.

But it’s not really positively shocking is it? The guy was 90. A good innings as they say.

I was using an immortal line of his from Goldfinger.

Never mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here