Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you watch a home game, on TV, at the Amex?

Would you watch a home game, on TV, at the Amex?

• Yes, depending on price etc

Votes: 30 19.9%
  • No, no interest at all

Votes: 121 80.1%

• Total voters

Falmer Wizard

Jun 23, 2020
Just another stupid rule, be in the ground but not allowed to watch. Not for me.
I have to admit that watching Premiership games on TV over recent weeks has made my viewing increasingly enjoyable,there is no having to take the bus,no worrying about the weather and best of all i can watch at anytime i choose.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
For me this is going to b the problem for Brighton there will have to b a limit due to train travel . What is a safe number of people per carriage with social distances, enough carriages . Long enough train , more frequent train etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the train to work when I can't be f*cked to walk sometimes. The train is quite often standing room only due to the amount of school children. If that's a safe level then I'm sure the club could figure out how to get 5000 people there, considering a large proportion of those 5000 would take alternative means of transport, and a lot of people would be arriving at different times anyway.

:shrug:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Apologies if this point has already been made, but the clubs in the initial post all have town-centre stadiums (maybe Millwall a little more out of the way but plenty of residential areas around it). They've opened up their hospitality areas effectively as pubs to rival the ones over the road. If Dick's Bar was on West Street, I'm sure plenty of people would be up for watching in there, with appropriate social distancing etc etc.

I'm surprised people would travel out to the Amex to watch a game on TV.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Here you are - £20 per person or £100 per group of six for the Spurs game.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1876907/spurs-screening-at-the-amex/

Right, my father and I both live in London. According to the government I could jump on the train to Brighton from Kings Cross and have my dad get on the same train, and we could watch the game at adjoining tables surrounded by dozens of people in an enclosed space at The Amex but I couldn't travel 30 mins on the tube to watch the game at his house, right?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Right, my father and I both live in London. According to the government I could jump on the train to Brighton from Kings Cross and have my dad get on the same train, and we could watch the game at adjoining tables surrounded by dozens of people in an enclosed space at The Amex but I couldn't travel 30 mins on the tube to watch the game at his house, right?

In a nutshell, yes. When did the government rulings make any sense?

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
I miss the routine of going to the AMEX so this is quite appealing and a decent price as well considering what is included.

I would be tempted if this was repeated for a Saturday kick-off.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Who the **** needs a half time sausage roll, after eating a pie and mash before kick off? :shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
1tq502.jpg

4 train journies on a Sunday evening to the Amex and back ? Yeah, right-o.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Depends on where your're travelling from, given that buses replace trains between Three Bridges and Brighton/Lewes on 1 November.

I'd be travelling on the west coast line. Whatever way it sounds like a major ballache logistically, so it'll be pub or stream for me.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The tickets for Spurs beam back at the Albion include free parking in Bennett's field.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
This is simply an acceptable attitude in the midst of a pandemic. Everything you do that puts you at risk puts at risk your family, the staff in the shop you visit, the doctors and nurses who treat you at hospital, etc etc. Any/all of whom you could infect and potentially kill.

It is selfish to the point of murderous.

Until *everyone* starts to think about people other than themselves we won't be getting this virus under control and won't be having mass gatherings like football crowds.

Spot on ....apart from the acceptable bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here