Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Letter to you

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I took House of a Thousand Guitars to be something like his perception of, if there is a heaven, what might it feel like. It really is a brilliant tune, I agree.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Guessing you watched it on Apple TV? Anyone know if / when it'll be available on Prime, Netflix or elsewhere?

Yes, my daughter can get Apple TV, so she rigged it through her i phone and laptop and we watched it on the flat screen TV. Surround Sound bouncing:rock:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Listened to the ‘Letter to,You” album on Spotify tonight. I thought it was excellent. It is very clear that Bruce is in his senior years, a lot of the lyrics were exploring what happens at the end, how can you be happy at the end, what was it all about etc. But it was a great listen whilst I was cooking Sunday evening dinner for Mrs W.

I’ve always enjoyed Springsteen. I was at Uni in California in 80/81 and my room-mate got me into his music. He went on to become a pro baseball player for KC Royals, but died last year. And so, listening to the lyrics of this album, that search for meaning out of life in your senior years, was really thought provoking. But still,with some great rock/country riffs, really enjoyed it. Well done Bruce.

The film explains his love of friendship for his fellow band mates from his 1st band,The Castilles though to today with the E.St Band, nearly 50 years.
He explains how he is now the last remaining member of The Castilles, the last one passed away recently, and touches on the losses of Danny Federici and
Clarence Clemons.
A lot of the tracks feature poignient memories within the lyrics.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Got the CD on Friday, and as a Bruce nut, was very pleased with it.
Max's booming drum beat and some of the guitar rifts are Bruce and the E. St. Band back to their best.
Watched the movie last night. A great insight of how they recorded the album in Bruce's own studio at his home in just four days.
Bruce would strum the tune and sing lyrics for each track with the band members taking notes, a few comments and critisms and thoughts, then they jam and
tweak and record.
True musicians showing their friendship and unbelievable talent.
A great film for music buffs .
IMHO a superb album and just looking forward to life getting back to normal and the thought of another tour, probably the last Bruce and the full band tour.

The film is brilliant, the album is pretty damn good as well.

Last Man Standing just playing on the radio now. Have not heard the full album yet, but the 3 tracks I have all seem pretty good. Will probably buy it. Was never really a fan until '88 when I was stationed in Berlin and he played there. Tickets were pretty cheap so I went along and was absolutely blown away. 4 hours, no support band. Ended with just him and a guitar playing various singalong cover versions whilst they were dismantling the set around him.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Bruce Springsteen is widely regarded as a genuinely nice guy. There's the many stories of him helping fans out and supporting great causes. A friend of mine has a Springsteen story, where he was out for a meal with his wife and saw Bruce in the restaurant. When asking for his autograph, Bruce asked them what the occasion was, and my friend told them it was his wife's birthday. Later on when they went to settle their bill, they were told it had been paid for as Bruce Springsteen had taken care of their bill.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Looks like a different track, same title. I've got Janey needs a shooter from a bootleg that was released eons ago.

Three of the tracks were were previously unreleased tracks from the 70's including Janey needs a shooter.
As you say, it probably appeared on some bootlegs, also If I was a priest and Song for the Orphans were 70's songs.
Willie Nile had an album called House of a thousand guitars, with a title track, but a totally different song from Bruce's one,

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Just played it for the first time, for Springsteen fans it’s a must, very soulful and often dark reflective lyrics. Really enjoyed it, stands with the best of his albums.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Just played it for the first time, for Springsteen fans it’s a must, very soulful and often dark reflective lyrics. Really enjoyed it, stands with the best of his albums.

Yes I’ve played it many times now - I think it’s a really good album and most of the tracks in turn become my favourite - currently Janey Needs A Shooter or Orphans or Letter To You or ........ just a great album

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Yes I’ve played it many times now - I think it’s a really good album and most of the tracks in turn become my favourite - currently Janey Needs A Shooter or Orphans or Letter To You or ........ just a great album
Agree all good tracks and great lyrics, first time listen my favourites were Song for Orphans and I’ll see you in my dreams, a bit of a tear jerker.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Bruce Springsteen is widely regarded as a genuinely nice guy. There's the many stories of him helping fans out and supporting great causes. A friend of mine has a Springsteen story, where he was out for a meal with his wife and saw Bruce in the restaurant. When asking for his autograph, Bruce asked them what the occasion was, and my friend told them it was his wife's birthday. Later on when they went to settle their bill, they were told it had been paid for as Bruce Springsteen had taken care of their bill.

Love this. There are so many similar stories. He's certainly one of the good guys in life (politically as well, he hates Trump and co).

I've only heard a couple of tracks off the new album but what I've heard has been really good and classic Bruce. Seen him live a couple of times and although I'm no massive fan, he was excellent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here