Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] your 1st game at the Amex?

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Spurs friendly in WSU then over to East Stand and regular season ticket seat vs Doncaster.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Couldn’t make it until Peterborough Ryan Harley looked decent in that game, I found it quite emotional and boy the concourses smelt great back then, steak and ale pie was so different from the ones today served in an Albion box and tasted fantastic. Today a soggy paper bag and a less standard pie for more money.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Donny WSL. About right in line with Nooney when he made that brilliant defence splitting pass for Buckley's second.

The elation when that goal went in...... All that struggle, all the protests to get there.

Must confess I got quite emotional.

At about 2:30 we made it to the WSU concourse, after climbing those 120 steps.

Hit by a huge wall of sound with possibly as many people signing indoors, as the number who used to sit in the entire Withdean south stand.

Will never forget that.

Catering people rushing through with supplies of yet more booze and grub.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He was the first to score at Withdean too. He asked to play in the SS cup game as a farewell.

I think Freeman was the first to score in a league game but we played Notts Forest (?) in a friendly a week before that and although I was there, I can't recall if we scored. Was it 1-1 anyone?

There was a streaker at the end of the Forest game as well, he evaded the police and stewards and performed a lovely cartwheel near the centre of the pitch iirc!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Like many others mine was Donny.

Also then travelled down on the Tuesday night for the Cup (Think it was Gillingham?). I had been convinced that I wouldn't get a ticket for Donny and the cup tickets were available to me first. That was my first experience of trying to travel home after the Amex, I got back to Reading at about 2:30 and had all day workshops the next day starting at 8:30, well worth it :amex:

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
The Spurs friendly as a warm up for the unforgettable match against Doncaster, I will never forget walking through to our seats from the concourse to see the Stadium packed and all the flags waving and everyone singing...a great day!

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
First was the Sussex Senior Cup Final against Eastbourne Borough, then the Spuds friendly, then the Donny game... and most recently, the Covid test game which showed just how straight forward it would be to have a safe return for a percentage of fans to an outside venue, when indoor venues are already getting back up and running.

Last edited:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Donny, four of us. Couldn't believe I managed to get tickets. WSL about in line with the edge of the north penalty area, perfect for the second.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Doncaster Rovers. I cried my eyes out.Never ever thought we'd get there.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Donny - My grandson wanted to come but I felt 5 was too young to take with all that noise and potential pushing on the train . I like to think I’m a responsible ( young ) grandad.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I was living in France when the Amex opened and didn't make my first game until 2012 while I was over for family stuff and went with my brother and his mate. Iñigo Calderón scored to tie 1-1 with 'boro

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
My first Amex game was us Vs Pompey when Vicente scored his double.

I did work at all amex games until November 2013 when I relocated.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The SSC final against Eastbourne.
Missed Hart's first goal due to my ex's annoying kid talking to me. I'll never forgive him.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
My first game in the north stand was against Wrexham in the FA Cup. That was a great day and I remember the non-league Welshmen bringing a couple of thousand at least. Tremendous support. I hope they get back into the elite 92 very soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here