Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So will we finish above Palace

Will we finish above Palace

• Total voters

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I’ll await the replay on MOTD before arguing when the flag went up, it’s not like your defence stopped playing before he smashed the ball into the goal?

It doesn’t matter when the flag went up, what matters is that the flag did go up which means that passage of play didn’t count.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As I mentioned earlier, I’ll wait and watch MOTD, before arguing the toss on here.

Why do you need to watch it? It wasn't a goal because he was offside. That is indisputable.

If Matt Ryan had brought him down in the box it wouldn't have been a penalty, because he was offside.

So what could you possibly see that would make that count as a shot on target?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’ll await the replay on MOTD before arguing when the flag went up, it’s not like your defence stopped playing before he smashed the ball into the goal?

It doesn't matter when the flag went up.

It transpired he was offside so whatever he did after that was not live play.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Why will MOTD make any difference! He was offside so anything that happens after is irrelevant and not a stat. Good luck arguing that one with a bookmaker - ‘it says 8 corners, I needed 10 but there were 2 given after offsides so you need to pay out’ :lol:

You misunderstand me, I watched the game in the pub through beer goggles.

Watching MOTD will give me the chance to see it again.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Tbh mate I really wouldn’t bother :)

Sounds like you’ve had a good day and covid hadn’t dampened it so fair play.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

If he hadn't been offside it would have been a goal. More importantly for you, it seems, it would also have been a shot on goal and on target. Your only one of the game not from the penalty spot.

Alas, he was offside so he could have blazed it into row Z - it really makes no difference, neither to the outcome of the game, nor to increasing your shots tally from 1 (one)* to 2 (two).

* - penalty

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If he hadn't been offside it would have been a goal. More importantly for you, it seems, it would also have been a shot on goal and on target. Your only one of the game not from the penalty spot.

Alas, he was offside so he could have blazed it into row Z - it really makes no difference, neither to the outcome of the game, nor to increasing your shots tally from 1 (one)* to 2 (two).

* - penalty

Yes but they did well to put the pen on target* and deserved their draw as a result...

* it was never a pen

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Are you new to football or something?! Play stopped at the point he was offside so no shot after counts as anything! Can’t believe we’re having to explain this to you. That said, I’m very pleased today has ended with a palace fan on NSC trying to argue they had 1 shot from open play in the whole match (at home v BHA) :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::bigwave:

Same applies to all those calling for Pickford’s head yesterday- there was no offence, play stopped when the offside occurred ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think we should. But as I said on the other thread, even if we don’t, as long as we stay up, I won’t particularly mind. For the simple reason we are quite clearly a much, much better footballing side. Would rather win points by playing football than trying to sneak a goal and sit on it / cheat to waste time for the rest of the game. That was appalling - reminded me of some of the teams in the Championship at the Amex in our golden 2 seasons - not an ‘established’ prem side in the prem league at home!!!!

Warnock’s Cardiff in 2016/17 .... came to the Amex to not play the game of football.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Warnock’s Cardiff in 2016/17 .... came to the Amex to not play the game of football.

Was it Marshall in goal that night who played a blinder?!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Was it Marshall in goal that night who played a blinder?!

I remember time wasting from the off. Never seen that before. When Hemed scored on 73, hilariously Cardiff started taking quick throw ins.

It was McGregor.

You’re thinking of the game 5 years before where Marshall stopped a cricket score.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19252293

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Palace were by far the worst team I have watched this season, saw them against Chelsea and today and they are quite simply abysmal. My Palace mates are getting fed up with Roy's tactics and they want the team to move to the next level. Will they go down? No, Roy knows how to defend and win games. Will they finish above us, no, think we have a lot more in the tank and maybe we learn to take our chances, have some luck and replace of the officials that basically do not have a clue about the game. I have a serious charity bet with my mate that we finish above them and offered to double the bet last night, he declined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No.

We recruited very badly this summer. Do well to stay up

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yes.

Looking forward to more games and performances like Newcastle away.

We must take 6 points off the likes of West Brom and Fulham though.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We play much better football, arguably have better players, are more entertaining and more shots on goal.
But they are good at collecting points.
They’ll finish above us.
We will win the long race though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here