Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion Women vs Everton in the Womens Super League today - kick off 1pm

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Incredible footage, amazed neither the other officials or the Everton bench/staff are not going crazy. It's like the ref actually realises then talks herself out of it.

What happens now, will it stand i.e Kayleigh will now serve a suspension as she had received the red card

Anybody can make a mistake but what on earth were 2 line officials doing watching ref give 2nd yellow. Not hard to wave flag and tell ref

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
It is my inexpert opinion, and has been since day 1 that Hope Powell, despite her past appointments, is not a good coach/manager. Just my opinion, I am allowed one.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It is my inexpert opinion, and has been since day 1 that Hope Powell, despite her past appointments, is not a good coach/manager. Just my opinion, I am allowed one.

The team has improved leaps and bounds under her. Prior to Hope we had two promotions and her job was just to keep us in the elite league. Which she has done.

We now have the tricky task of having to improve in this league while playing some of the best assembled sides in world women's football, Chelsea, Manchester City/Utd, Everton and Arsenal. we currently sit 8th ahead of Spurs, West Ham and Villa. Also we lost narrowly on pens in the FA cup 1/4 final.

Watch the equaliser against Everton and how she has changed the style of football from a defensive team to a more passing ball retention team.

Who would we get in who has Hope's knowledge, experience and ability. Or do you think we should increase the budget and start spending like the top 5 teams on players and managers. I do not think Bloom will do this yet, its still about consolidation and him building a ground for the Brighton and Hove Albion women next, after the £30 million spend is completed on the women's training centre.

I think getting rid of Hope right now would be the equivalent of getting rid of Potter part way through his long term plan and replacing him with someone like Pellegrini and gambling on spending big. But this is only my opinion after watching them the past 3 seasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here