Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The yellow away shirt with white shorts is an abomination of a kit.

If the blue shorts cannot be worn with it then the black 3rd kit should be used.

Do we not have yellow shorts?

Nike are up there With George at Asda when it comes to kits

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The yellow away shirt with white shorts is an abomination of a kit.

If the blue shorts cannot be worn with it then the black 3rd kit should be used.

As mentioned previously, there's no Premier League rule about shorts clashing colour. We could have worn blue shorts.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
As mentioned previously, there's no Premier League rule about shorts clashing colour. We could have worn blue shorts.
Sounds like it was a cock up and the wrong shorts were sent up with the team by mistake.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
All to be expected until we get a decent kit manufacturer.

There is no continuity between home-away asides the badge

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes he always scores against us, we all know that.

But he has scored 7 times against us.

What is it with you? Your stats are always exaggerated.
No wonder you think every other team is doing so much better than us.

Sorry, two out. Huge exaggeration.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
30% increase, yeah pretty big.

Not really important, but indicative of your obsession that other clubs are out performing us.
You underplay our successes and overplay theirs.

Oh do d uck off. You really are an exaggerating (ironically) troll. I made a repeated point over our away record against the elite clubs and your bi polar sets in, flinging labels such as obsession. Such an arse. And I only have to make it repeatedly because dumb arses like you can’t distinguish between home and away. Consider yourself ignored. You Tiresome ****.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Oh do d uck off. You really are an exaggerating (ironically) troll. I made a repeated point over our away record against the elite clubs and your bi polar sets in, flinging labels such as obsession. Such an arse. And I only have to make it repeatedly because dumb arses like you can’t distinguish between home and away. Consider yourself ignored. You Tiresome ****.

Annnnd breeeeeeeeeeathe................

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well considering palace wear BLUE and red and our home kit is BLUE how is that not a clash. We wore the home kit for the Newcastle game. But you keep ignoring reality and carry on moaning if you feel better for it.

Oh bore off. I wasn't talking about yesterday's match (although proper blue and white stripes (not the crap relegation strip we'fe wearing this season) are visibly different to red and blue stripes). I was referring to the time after time after time after time when the away teams wear their away strip when there is no colour clash at all.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Blue and white and blue and red can easily be a clash. So can the black and white of Newcastle and blue and white we have/had. Not sure I have noticed much of what you are getting at. Maybe you are being annoyed for the sake of it?
Barber once gave a run down of kit selection at a Northwest Sussex Seagulls forum basically it is as organised as you would expect this the football authorities. Kits would be laid out on a table chosen by the clubs this includes manager and captain, the ref would then check for any clashes and and they might negotiate. So all a bit random really.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Blue and white and blue and red can easily be a clash. So can the black and white of Newcastle and blue and white we have/had. Not sure I have noticed much of what you are getting at. Maybe you are being annoyed for the sake of it?

I guess you didn't watch Man City v Arsenal this weekend for a starter......

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Nope. I did not. Sky blue and red, but both have white shorts I think, so there could well be the yellow kit for arsenal to avoid a clash. What happened?

Light blue v dark blue. Turn on your telly right now and you’ll see all white Leeds playing Wolves who are pointlessly in their change strip. It happens a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Despite what some idiots say, it's been a nuisance for a long time. When I forst started going to the Goldstone, more than 50 years ago, I was amazed at how many other teams in the league played in all yellow!
My dislike hardened in the 80s, when we were in the 1st. Division - away to Bolton (white shirts, black shorts, but they changed to all white on the day). Brighton (all blue in those days, changed to all yellow). Then they televised it - on black and white TV!
Now, so often, it makes no sense to change kits. Though I fully expect there are some muppets around who enthusiastically bought the 2013 third choice (or whenever) kit.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
It's not a change strip though is it? It is an away strip. I have no problem with wearing home at home and away away. :shrug:

By that logic we’d have to wear our current away shirt at Norwich :lolol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Despite what some idiots say, it's been a nuisance for a long time. When I forst started going to the Goldstone, more than 50 years ago, I was amazed at how many other teams in the league played in all yellow!
My dislike hardened in the 80s, when we were in the 1st. Division - away to Bolton (white shirts, black shorts, but they changed to all white on the day). Brighton (all blue in those days, changed to all yellow). Then they televised it - on black and white TV!
Now, so often, it makes no sense to change kits. Though I fully expect there are some muppets around who enthusiastically bought the 2013 third choice (or whenever) kit.

I must be posh as I had a colour TV in the 80's ( got one in the 70's)

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
This expected goals timeline is stunning. I've never seen a line so straight.

xG LOL.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here