Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Hughton: 'It’s a good feeling to be the manager of a big club'

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It is worth noting that Forest fans believe that he is doing a good job - and are praising the quality of the football that he has the team playing. Forest have dominated many games for long periods and have been unlucky to lose and draw games - as Pavilionaire said, the Forest squad is lacking quality (and has some injuries which haven't helped) - they are particularly lacking a striker (and I'd say Hughton would have loved to have got his hands on Glenn Murray).

Really? They’ve had 6 shots on target in their last 4 games.

Still like you say, hopefully they back Chris in the transfer market in January, I’m sure he wouldn’t have taken the job had he not been given the assurances, hope he turns it around.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems CH is struggling at Forest, I hope they turn it around before the Greek sacks him. Keep The Faith Forest

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Stats can lie a bit - over the last 4 games Forest have had 13, 12, 13 and 13 shots at goal (with more than a few near misses) - 3 of the 4 games have been against teams in the top 6 and the next 3 games are also against top 6 teams.

And yes - Forest have been playing an attacking passing game (he has the midfielders for it - Colbeck, Freeman and Arter although the first two are currently injured) - they are lacking a striker and it is their biggest problem by far. Worrall coming back after injury will help as well. Along with that - he is still missing Michael Dawson, Tyler Blackett, Louis Grabban, Samba Sow and Scott McKenna

Still like you say, hopefully they back Chris in the transfer market in January, I’m sure he wouldn’t have taken the job had he not been given the assurances, hope he turns it around.

I am sure he got certain assurances - but you'd never know. Personally I want him to be able to take the Ireland job when Stephen Kenny is eventually sacked (which is likely to be sooner rather than later).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It is worth noting that Forest fans believe that he is doing a good job - and are praising the quality of the football that he has the team playing. Forest have dominated many games for long periods and have been unlucky to lose and draw games - as Pavilionaire said, the Forest squad is lacking quality (and has some injuries which haven't helped) - they are particularly lacking a striker (and I'd say Hughton would have loved to have got his hands on Glenn Murray).

From what I've seen they are not that happy about the performances, though it looked better last time around against Watford (I actually watched the game, and indeed they were the better team). And the fans are quite convinced he is the right person, though perhaps more because of his earlier accomplishments rather than how they are doing right now.

Still, the owner is an idiot and expects "playoff, minimum". They need to start winning or one of two things will happen: CH gets sacked or CH walks because the Greek guy wants to pick the lineup. He is notoriously annoying to work with.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Assurances are worth nothing. If they have a decent December, CH will be around for the January window, if they keep losing and drawing without scoring, quite likely someone else will get the chance to play around in that window.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Assurances are worth nothing. If they have a decent December, CH will be around for the January window, if they keep losing and drawing without scoring, quite likely someone else will get the chance to play around in that window.

I know they are owned by someone a bit mental but it’s far too early to sack him, I think since he came in they’ve won 3, drawn 3 and lost 4 so, before that they hadn’t won in 11 and had lost 7 in a row.

I think he’ll turn it round there, Chris is a good man and players want to play for him, yes he has his limitations but you aren’t going to find a better championship manager around who can turn the tide.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I know they are owned by someone a bit mental but it’s far too early to sack him, I think since he came in they’ve won 3, drawn 3 and lost 4 so, before that they hadn’t won in 11 and had lost 7 in a row.

I think he’ll turn it round there, Chris is a good man and players want to play for him, yes he has his limitations but you aren’t going to find a better championship manager around who can turn the tide.

Of course its too early... but read this article, "Special report: Trying to manage Marinakis’ Nottingham Forest". Its a shitshow beyond belief really.

https://theathletic.com/2185141/2020/12/01/nottingham-forest-marinakis-hughton-karanka/

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Third highest wages in Championship for last ten years too

Really? Is that culminative wages over the ten years or have they laid out the third most most wages in an individual season? I find that very hard to believe with the way certain teams spunk their parachute payments in the championship ???

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Third highest wages in Championship for last ten years too

Really? Is that culminative wages over the ten years or have they laid out the third most most wages in an individual season? I find that very hard to believe with the way certain teams spunk their parachute payments in the championship ???

Wouldnt surprise me. If you look at their squad its 1) thick and 2) filled with players who came straight from PL contracts (Grabban, Bong, Jenkinson, Hefele, Arter) and players who joined from big foreign clubs.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
3rd highest wages is 2010 to 2019 as per info / video graph on the Wayne Rooney's Derby thread - £247m cumulative wage bill from memory

Boro at £259m and Derby at £262m the top two

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Sure. Could swing the other way though, the BBC would probably get left behind with a European super league so, much like they try to push the FA cup these days, they might find themselves with a new look premier league on their hands. Plus, we're spoilt for choice with media these days.

Genuinely think a Euro super league would become quite dull once the novelty wore off though. Would alienate loads of local fans too so might make for a very healthy new national league.

Could possibly spawn another competition where Euro S League play winners of Champions League..... :)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
These are a sweaty time for Chris. Sure its early yet (sort of) but I'm quite sure this is not what the Greeks had in mind.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Can’t account for one of your players shovelling the ball off the line and being sent off after 15 minutes, what a bozo.

Feel bad for Chris, hopefully he gets time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here