Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Simon Hooper

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He hasn't made excuses. It's a post about an appalling ref. The 2 things can be separate, it's not rocket science.

Thank you - thought it was clear and obvious (unlike Connolly’s pen last week :) )

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We shot ourselves in the foot with the defending and the amount of times we gave the ball away but Hooper was shite and biased. How can he justify booking one player for one pull back and not giving a booking to another for doing the same thing twice. As for the first, would like to see it from a different angle as I suspect that had it been White on Calvert-Lewin then they would give a penalty.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Bit concerned today about how long it took for the referee blaming thread to come.

Doesn't it normally appear within ten minutes of a defeat ?

Poor show.

Never seem to get one when we win either.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
You always make excuses fella. Last week you were crying about VAR, about injury time. You don’t seem to be able to except that we are losing games because we can’t defend not because of refs.

And you seem to regularly side with the bad guys, "fella".

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Hooper was poor, but the 4-2 happened despite of him. Not because of him.

Exactly . . . I can only hope Ben White didn't just fall to his knees for a bit of a rest . .. .

The big one for me is booking Alzate early on, which clearly affected his game play, and not booking the Everton player for the exact same offence. That is wrong. Plain as day amatuerish wrong.

PL refs are supposed to be professionals . . . . How ever they see it, you can only ask and expect fairness and consistency.

My opinion of officials and VAR is that theyre about as professional as estate agents.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Does anyone have a clip of the foul on Alzate before their goal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bit concerned today about how long it took for the referee blaming thread to come.

Doesn't it normally appear within ten minutes of a defeat ?

Poor show.

Never seem to get one when we win either.

This was posted at half time and would have been posted if we hadn’t have conceded bang on half time. And if we’d won. Not everyone is blinkered to a) blame the ref for a defeat (as I clearly said in the title) and b) see them as the same thing. He was horrendously on Everton’s side today but it didn’t make much difference and we got what we deserved (now repeating these words for the 3rd time on the thread).

I do wonder how VAR came to the decision on the first goal so quickly though as as soon as I saw white fall like that I was convinced it would be overturned.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You always make excuses fella. Last week you were crying about VAR, about injury time. You don’t seem to be able to except that we are losing games because we can’t defend not because of refs.

Accept. It's accept. Fact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And you seem to regularly side with the bad guys, "fella".

Quite. You don't dig out [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] if you are a regular NSC reader. He's 110% one of the good guys :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Especially if you are a ‘bad guy’!

???

Well, who knows what you are. I thought you were a little needless.

That said, I'm occasionally impolite myself, so I'm told :rolleyes: :lolol: :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Quite. You don't dig out [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] if you are a regular NSC reader. He's 110% one of the good guys :shrug:

Maybe I’m too positive, maybe I delve into things too much cos I love this club too much. I’m open to criticism if the POST is read correctly! But I tell you what, I’d rather be too positive and slightly Albion blinkered at times than ANY of the constant negative moaners on NSC - and I’ll never change. They seem to get kicks out of slating us and winding fellow fans up! Wear my heart on sleeve with passion and enthusiasm and live this club with my heart - never ever will that change :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe I’m too positive, maybe I delve into things too much cos I love this club too much. I’m open to criticism if the POST is read correctly! But I tell you what, I’d rather be too positive and slightly Albion blinkered at times than ANY of the constant negative moaners on NSC - and I’ll never change. They seem to get kicks out of slating us and winding fellow fans up! Wear my heart on sleeve with passion and enthusiasm and live this club with my heart - never ever will that change :thumbsup:

Dead right. You’ve got nothing to apologise for. Leave them to stew in their own juice.
Hooper dislikes us and it shows.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
We were obviously very poor but I did think he was gullible in giving all the falling over Evertons way I.e. Rodriguez, Richarlison etc.

Thought it was harsh to book Alzate early on, although I'd understand if Digne got booked for the same offence, which he wasn't.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
100% knew we'd get nothing out of this ref. For some reason he despises BHA and probably resents our presence in the PL. Every single marginal was given Evertons way, which I fully expected from the outset, and so it came to pass.

"Hoops" wasn't the reason we lost. But we were always fighting an additional battle with him in charge. We always are.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Hooper is a shite ref but has nothing to do with this result! Stop embarrassing yourself trying to make excuses for this totally inept performance!

I sort of semi agree with you that there seems to have been a culture of "let's blame the ref" for the last couple of Defeats creeping in amongst fans.

What I can't agree with is that this was an " inept" performance. I thought is was a great performance.

Brighton v Everton. -. Everton were absolutely Superb. Brighton were very good. To me , Absolutely Superb just shades very good and that was reflected in the final result.

That's the first time I have seen Everton in a full 90 mins this season but I think watching them they are definitely Top 4 Contenders this season. They are excellent with and without the ball.

It's easy when the team plays so we'll like Brighton did today to try and search for a reason for the defeat because it wasn't the players fault. The next port of call is always the Officials.

I think you owe the OP an apology. I think he was only trying to say. " We shouldn't be losing when we play so well.

Play like that every week and all will be fine. Because that wasn't an " inept performance"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here