Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] U23s home to Chelsea tonight - live on Albion TV

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Giving up now - constant buffering again. Will follow the action via NSC!

Sorry to hear that perhaps you may need to check your system. Its relly running ok. Good luck, have you cleared your cache ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We are (were) playing Chelsea, who had won 2 out of 2 before this evening . I think you need a title perspective here. We should be rejoicing that we are now 3rd in the league behind Liverpool and Chelsea. Seriously good effort when you consider players out on loan or rested after the Preston game.

I do have a little perspective, thanks. That's why I was wondering why the U21s/23s still looked Hughtonesque - and I wasn't just referring to this match. I've watched four more or less junior teams' performances this season - and yes, the Portsmouth performance was great - but the others seemed to feature a lot more all-behind-the-ball defending and hanging on. Sometimes the same last season too. Hence my original question - how far has Potterball infiltrated to the youth teams?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I enjoyed watching that. I had a day off today so was able to sit back and take in the whole match, without having to pretend I was working!

MOTM tonight for me was Cashman - worked his bollocks off for 93 minutes as the focal point of the attack, did very well helping to hold up play (in a match where Albion possession was increasingly scarce as the game wore on) and won a number of free-kicks throughout the 90 minutes. He then took his opportunity superbly well to seal the deal.

Simon Rusk spoke about game management in the preview and I thought it was excellent from the whole team tonight.

D

Deleted member 2719

You didn't notice his excellent pass that set up Cashman for the goal that sealed the victory?

To be honest it was an excellent pass, but I had not noticed who made it, as I was busy trying to watch whether Cashman was going to score!

It was an excellent team performance all round I thought.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I didn't realise this (headline from the report on the Chelsea FC website):-

1234.jpg

Turns out Chelsea went undefeated last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here