Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Further Transfer Business

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe two out, certainly Gyökeres off on loan if Swiss Andy shows up.

Then I can’t help but think the club might cash in on Bernardo. There are a number of good replacement left backs or left wing backs on the market, we might have to do a loan though.

I forgot about Gyökeres. 2 out, with the other probably being Bernardo, agreed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maybe two out, certainly Gyökeres off on loan if Swiss Andy shows up.

Then I can’t help but think the club might cash in on Bernardo. There are a number of good replacement left backs or left wing backs on the market, we might have to do a loan though.
Why this desperate need to replace Potter's third choice LB/LWB if Bernardo does depart? Two for that position is sufficient. Shelling out for better than we've already got in that position (because that would be the only reason we should get another LB) probably not an option at the moment.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Why this desperate need to replace Potter's third choice LB/LWB if Bernardo does depart? Two for that position is sufficient. Shelling out for better than we've already got in that position (because that would be the only reason we should get another LB) probably not an option at the moment.

This totally.

Been saying this for weeks.We do NOT need another LB/LWB. Even if Bernardo goes, Cochrane can cover.MOM for the U23s tonight.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just Zeqiri and Ashley Barnes to come in ( ok, the Barnes bit is a joke... but wouldn't be unwelcome... ).

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Keeps the pressure and expectation off him; mostly under 23s... but available as striker cover ( 3rd choice ) for the PL squad if needed ? And loaned out once Andone is fit...

Think we’re clutching at straws especially as I don’t think Andone is likely to be fit before March/April and of course might throw another wobbly.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Keeps the pressure and expectation off him; mostly under 23s... but available as striker cover ( 3rd choice ) for the PL squad if needed ? And loaned out once Andone is fit...

Makes sense.

A safety net (be it a very flimsy one) if we miss out on a Striker or two over the next week and then a further two weeks chasing Championship players like Henry, Rico, Deeney & King.

Will Gyökeres get his Swansea move now? I really think he needs it.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
9 days left.. This is usually when things start picking up. Rico Henry, Wilmar Barrios, Josh King and Jens Petter Hauge all to be announced on deadline day. :laugh:

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020

3rd choice LWB? Who's the second choice.. March is the only left wing back we have. Burn is a centre back who can play left back but definitely not a left wing back. Bernardo is a left back who can play left wing back but doesn't seem to be a player the manager wants to utilise. We obviously have Cochrane in the youth team but it's a massive step up to the prem so can't expect him to be immediate back up.

That is definitely a position that needs looking at.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
3rd choice LWB? Who's the second choice.. March is the only left wing back we have. Burn is a centre back who can play left back but definitely not a left wing back. Bernardo is a left back who can play left wing back but doesn't seem to be a player the manager wants to utilise. We obviously have Cochrane in the youth team but it's a massive step up to the prem so can't expect him to be immediate back up.

That is definitely a position that needs looking at.

Cochrane is NOT in the Youth team!!

Alzate and Connolly were in the u23 team and have not done too badly!

They have to be given a chance sometime

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Cochrane is NOT in the Youth team!!

Alzate and Connolly were in the u23 team and have not done too badly!

They have to be given a chance sometime

well he IS in the youth team literally just played for them. Alzate and Connolly have done fantastic but it is a big jump.. Wouldn't surprise me if he got loaned out.

We don't have any natural left wing back. Although, March seems to have claimed the position he could do with some competition.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
well he IS in the youth team literally just played for them. Alzate and Connolly have done fantastic but it is a big jump.. Wouldn't surprise me if he got loaned out.

We don't have any natural left wing back. Although, March seems to have claimed the position he could do with some competition.

Since when has the Under 23 team been the youth team?Crofts played for them last night!!

Doh!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here