Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Music City Gull

Not Changing This, Bozza
Jun 28, 2020
12 South
Sadly Ginger Pig isn't available in Brighton, I can barely get my hand round them.

Incidently - I found a very good way to cook a sausage. But I've got an electronic pressure cooker.

From frozen (always a bonus) 10 minutes IN then 10 minutes to calm down and rest with de-pressure. You need them raised out of the water but only half a mug of water chucked in.

They go what I can only describe as Bratwurst. Puffed up and moist. You then "finish them off" in very hot frying pan (or in the oven) rigorously tossing as not to burn.

Hard and crisp on the outside, but very moist inside. I'm not going back, I think I found the perfect way to get my sausage going.
Is an electronic pressure cooker the same thing as an instant pot?
81i8c1fSkyL._AC_SX522_.jpg

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i fear one of the usual suspects is going to come barging in with an over the top comment about gammon products an this thread will be twanged off to the bear pit forth with , having said that boerwoers is what your after , look for a south african butcher if it's length you're after , if it's girth then you need an italian....apparently.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Best to cook as follows

Steam lightly for 4-5 hours, using branch water in a humidifier (30 degrees).

Set out in the sun, turning every 20-30 minutes, depending on latitude and, of course season.

Rub with sticks.

Then the main cook. I prefer a vacuum boiler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaqaxV3MWMU

Here, extra extra virgin olive oil is recommended. Vacuum boiling at room temperature precludes esterification of the olive oil and retains peak flavature.

Some burning is the final step. Rosemary (obviously) and lake salt (so much more meaty than sea salt) over a hand-built fire. This is best made with hand-coke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAwKpsv_X3M

Dig a deep pit, fill with coal, attach sausage to prong and then you decide. Best avoid burning though. Raw in the middle. Everyone gets sick. Here you go. It does require more water, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf-kHHZvfXo

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Is an electronic pressure cooker the same thing as an instant pot?

Yes, I use it all the time. Makes perfect rice too.

It's like a slow cooker but fast, without the fear of the thing exploding and doing an utterly shit job of defrosting like a microwave.

I use it like a TOOL, finishing stuff off in the oven. Basically a very rapid steamer if used properly.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
My mate at work tried telling me he loved getting some off the sausageman. I'm sure in his mind he was fully expecting an adult conversation about meaty foods, when in reality he was bombarded with smut and innuendos for some time.
Apparently sausageman does satisfy with a meaty length of pork though. Maybe worth checking out.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Go to the butchers in Partridge Green. It’s worth the trip.

and buy a pie and a sausage roll whilst you're there, you won't regret it!

S K Hutchings

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Big bangers you say ........ Shame Shane Duffy's left, he knew someone with big bangers!

On a serious note Bratwurst are fabulous!

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Loaded up with supplies. Cumberland, Chipolatas, In House Pork. Steak and Guinness pies, Pork Pies and Sausage Roll.

All looks very impressive with large queue outside to attest to it’s reputation. Bangers and mash tonight. Report to follow

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here