Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andi Zeqiri (Now Signed)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
£3.6M - we must have the most expensive U23 squad ever! It seems weird paying more for a youngster from the Swiss 2nd. division for the U23s than we get for a tried and tested PL player going straight into the first team of a rival PL club!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Once this is officially confirmed I think this could well be it for this window - and anything else a welcome surprise.

Covid losses don't pay for themselves.

I don’t.

This signing proves to me we are still going to land a forward/striker for our senior squad.

If we truly had limited funds we wouldn’t be making money ball u23 signings like this.

As always, our business will go right to the deadline.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
£3.6M - we must have the most expensive U23 squad ever! It seems weird paying more for a youngster from the Swiss 2nd. division for the U23s than we get for a tried and tested PL player going straight into the first team of a rival PL club!
It’s the Dortmund/Bayern model works well for them.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Weird paying 3.6m for a youngster now.

I can remember the not too recent past when we splashed out 3m on our record transfer for CMS. How time flies.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

It does take some getting used to, but I guess it's a calculated investment. We now have two new young U23 forwards in this guy and Ulrick Enema Ella. 2 strikers, total outlay <£4M.

If one of them becomes a half decent striker, well we know how much they end up being worth. One of them developing successfully would pay for both of them with a healthy return. Both look potentially very promising with loads of development still to come.

It seems crazy to spend £20-30M on older players who need to work out straight away. Get in early, cheaper, and shape their development in line with our footballing philosophy. When they are eventually called upon they are ready for the way we play, and we don't need to get the chequebook out as they are already here. If it doesn't work out we aren't having to limit our options in the next window to cover a heavy loss in the previous one.

I remember the good times for Arsenal with Wenger, and I remember that they didn't spend big, they spent clever. I am glad we are following a similar model.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
This makes sense, can’t believe there were some on here who seriously thought that we would buy a Swiss second division player as our 3rd choice striker!

Lausanne are top of the Swiss Super League

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If he is going to be loaned as per Naylor's tweet, I hope it's to a Championship side to give him a taste of English football.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Would be amazed if there is a club jet, but not overly surprised if Tony has one. Most likely, though is an account with NetJets or similar I’d think.

The club fly to lots of away games now. I've heard them refer to using "our plane", but that could mean anything, from owning a plane or having a plane they regualrly charter etc. It would be interesting to know.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Really? Tell me more.

Just an opinion... but I think starting a season with 2, count them, 2, strikers is a bit Mickey Mouse. Sorry [emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Just an opinion... but I think starting a season with 2, count them, 2, strikers is a bit Mickey Mouse. Sorry [emoji52]

When you wish upon a star,
Makes no difference who you are,
Anything your heart desires,
Will come to you....

tenor (1) (2).gif

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Gone a bit quiet [emoji2958]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here