Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex v Middx - T20 Blast. K.O. 2pm Hove

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
OT , Sussex are on South Today tonight . A feature on Youngest player James Coles

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I thought Archer had pulled out of the IPL?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Update to what Sussex need to qualify:

Reminder, first and second in each group qualify. 2 of the next best join them. 3 group winners and the highest placed second place team get home quarter finals to be played October 1st (a Thursday). Finals day the following Saturday.

Here’s a quick table summary (I’ve only included teams that can finish 3rd or higher)

Central group:

Cloucs 13 1.138
Birmingham 11 -0.641
Somerset 9 0.757
Northants 9 -0.012

North
Notts 14 1.413
Lancs 12 -0.124
Durham 9 0.592
Leicestershire 9 -0.413

South
Surrey 14 0.647
Kent 12 0.213
Sussex 11 0.332

Kent are playing Surrey and Sussex are playing Essex.

-if Kent & Lancashire lose & Sussex win, Sussex will be the highest ranked second placed team unless Birmingham also win but overturn a ridiculous RR swing.

-if Sussex win, tie or get a no result, they are guaranteed to qualify

-if Sussex lose, they need BOTH a Northern team and Central team to finish 3rd with 11 points to miss out on qualifying. For that to happen: Leices need to win away at Lancs OR Durham need to win away at Notts. Leicestershire also need to overturn a RR swing of 0.7 on Sussex.

-In the Central group, Somerset are playing away to Gloucs and Birmingham are playing Northants. If Somerset fail to win then Sussex qualify UNLESS we get a massive lose to Essex. And I mean massive, it’s almost impossible to happen. If Sussex lose and Northants win, it’s also possible Sussex still qualify if both those game’s are tight victories (0.35 RR swing in favour of Sussex).

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Update to what Sussex need to qualify:

Reminder, first and second in each group qualify. 2 of the next best join them. 3 group winners and the highest placed second place team get home quarter finals to be played October 1st (a Thursday). Finals day the following Saturday.

Here’s a quick table summary (I’ve only included teams that can finish 3rd or higher)

Central group:

Cloucs 13 1.138
Birmingham 11 -0.641
Somerset 9 0.757
Northants 9 -0.012

North
Notts 14 1.413
Lancs 12 -0.124
Durham 9 0.592
Leicestershire 9 -0.413

South
Surrey 14 0.647
Kent 12 0.213
Sussex 11 0.332

Kent are playing Surrey and Sussex are playing Essex.

-if Kent & Lancashire lose & Sussex win, Sussex will be the highest ranked second placed team unless Birmingham also win but overturn a ridiculous RR swing.

-if Sussex win, tie or get a no result, they are guaranteed to qualify

-if Sussex lose, they need BOTH a Northern team and Central team to finish 3rd with 11 points to miss out on qualifying. For that to happen: Leices need to win away at Lancs OR Durham need to win away at Notts. Leicestershire also need to overturn a RR swing of 0.7 on Sussex.

-In the Central group, Somerset are playing away to Gloucs and Birmingham are playing Northants. If Somerset fail to win then Sussex qualify UNLESS we get a massive lose to Essex. And I mean massive, it’s almost impossible to happen. If Sussex lose and Northants win, it’s also possible Sussex still qualify if both those game’s are tight victories (0.35 RR swing in favour of Sussex).

Pray for rain then 🙏🏻🌧

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Jimmy Grimble

Be nice to meet Surrey on finals day knowing their best batsman is ineligible...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here