Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What I Learned Tonight

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
That the attitude across the squad looks to be spot on.. Senior players leading by example, youngsters hungry to get a chance, peripheral 1st XI players looking to prove a point. Of course this is what you hope or even expect, but it says a lot about the players that they genuinely saw it as an opportunity, and it says a lot about the coaching staff that they can instill that attitude into the squad.

This was the key thing for me. Players like Stephens (in particular), Propper and Gross impressed me last night by noticeably talking the younger ones through the game at points. Additionally:

- Bernardo came across a bit Schelotto-y for me. Bags of energy and running but lacking that decision making quality in the final third
- Veltman looks a very sound piece of business
- Steele was fine. People seem to think back up goalies are all mugs but he's a perfectly decent back up and based on what I've seen of Walton, Steel would get my vote for no. 2
- Jahanbakhsh thrives in a freer role, but it's not necessarily a luxury we can afford in the top flight. Potter indicated that he's pushing herder and harder for a place in the 1st team and I'm hoping he gets it
- Gyokeres showed that even in a dominant side, our strikers are still a bit isolated but also showed value having someone that is actually clinical. His shot in the first half was a good stop and his goal was impressive but more importantly all three shots were on target. He's got potential that's for sure
- The Potterball ethic is already prevalent across the squad and youth set up
- All of the youngsters looked like they have bright futures. Molumby, Gyokeres, Roberts especially
- It's reassuring just how far ahead of Pompey we were last night. Despite being a mixture of 2nd string and kids we were SO comfortable

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
- Bernardo and Jahanbaksh are so frustrating. There is clearly a lot of potential there but it comes and goes and is often accompanied by dross. We saw both sides tonight.

- Gyokeres could be another Glenn Murray. Not yet... but there were signs. Worth watching.

- Veltman and Molumby are going to fit right into the first team squad.

- Keep Steele well away from the first team. If Walton is going to be away for long we desperately need something better.

All in all a good win without really getting out of third gear.
Thought Steele played well distributed better than Ryan, Maty likes to have that touch towards his goal which invites the press Steele was banging the ball out much quicker. Made a top draw save to.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
From watching that game you thought Gyökeres has Murray potential and Steele should do one? Blimey

Gyokeres got caught offside, at that point I thought "he is the new Murray"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here