Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does Lamptey get in our best ever XI?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I can see by your profile picture you may be hard to convince. Bruno was a terrific player, one of the best I've seen for Brighton. But did any of his performances in the Premier League come near to Lamptey last night?

It depends what your looking for in a right back.
If blistering pace is all you care about, then Lamptey's your man.
But he isn't a better footballer than Bruno was.

However he is young and very talented and being coached by the great man,

Every chance that if he stays for a few years that he could eclipse the great man.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I go back a long way further than Bruno but I don't remember anyone close to his standard

You are probably right re Bruno.
I only commented on the quote to put in perspective the relatively recent history of Bruno to Lamptey, not necessarily to comment on the quality of either player or those that went before.
As I said in my post, it is too early to judge a player who has made a handful of appearances; however, he is a really exciting player and hopefully will develop further and realise his full potential.......with us!:D

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Ross “As good as a corner” Johnson has been massively overlooked here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Your welcome to your opinion, but if you never saw Bruno impose himself on a game, I wonder what you have been watching.

Bruno was 36 or 37 years old when he got to the PL.

Tariq Lampety is obviously a very energetic player ; however I doubt he will ever in his lifetime be in the same class as Bruno was. He might well be but to do so he has a long way to go and I don't yet see the same graceful type player that Bruno was.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not yet, but at 19 he’s got a heck of a chance. Most likely, though is that he’ll be elsewhere when he fully realises his potential (and we’ll have banked £50m+).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Gary Stevens and John Gregory were both excellent fullbacks who could flit between that role and midfield( yes I know Stevens played centre back.)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Obviously the OP is too young to remember the mighty Stewart Henderson, my first memorable Albion number 2.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
It depends what your looking for in a right back.
If blistering pace is all you care about, then Lamptey's your man.
But he isn't a better footballer than Bruno was.

However he is young and very talented and being coached by the great man,

Every chance that if he stays for a few years that he could eclipse the great man.

If he grows a long beard and shaves his head will you have a change of opinion ? :cool:

edit does Lamptey even shave!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here