Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does Lamptey get in our best ever XI?

Jul 27, 2020
Hove
During his short tenure for us at right back, does Tariq Lamptey stake his claim as our best ever in that position?

Before the Bruno brigade publicly shame me, do you remember El Capitan imposing himself on a game like Lamptey did last night?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No - not yet. Also for me has to work on his defense positional play. A long way to go yet

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Far too early to say and some of us go back rather further than Bruno.
He's looking very promising though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
John Crumplin would be a Galatico if he were playing now.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yes. Obviously. If selecting a team to play on Saturday. We are playing better football, at a higher level of competition, than any Brighton team has done ever and he is outstanding.

Different question as to whether he will still be in even six months time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
John Crumplin would be a Galatico if he were playing now.

No, he was shit then and he’d be even shitter now. I was not a Johnny Crumplin Football Genius fan. Did have an absolute blinder against Barnes in that cup game at Liverpool though.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yes. Obviously. If selecting a team to play on Saturday. We are playing better football, at a higher level of competition, than any Brighton team has done ever and he is outstanding.Different question as to whether he will still be in even six months time.

This is true, however there needs to be a minimum number of appearances to be considered for selection. Well there does in my team anyway.

Plenty have come in, got off to a flier and we've dragged them down to our level. Ask again at the end of the season

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
During his short tenure for us at right back, does Tariq Lamptey stake his claim as our best ever in that position?

Before the Bruno brigade publicly shame me, do you remember El Capitan imposing himself on a game like Lamptey did last night?

Your welcome to your opinion, but if you never saw Bruno impose himself on a game, I wonder what you have been watching.

Jul 27, 2020
Hove
All very good points. But we're currently playing in the Premier League and with, arguably, a much higher standard than when those previously mentioned were playing.

Jul 27, 2020
Hove
Your welcome to your opinion, but if you never saw Bruno impose himself on a game, I wonder what you have been watching.

I can see by your profile picture you may be hard to convince. Bruno was a terrific player, one of the best I've seen for Brighton. But did any of his performances in the Premier League come near to Lamptey last night?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

No, but I remember Schelotto doing it against Chelsea once and he wouldn't be anywhere near it. Maybe it's a bit early to judge?

Jul 27, 2020
Hove
This is true, however there needs to be a minimum number of appearances to be considered for selection. Well there does in my team anyway.

Plenty have come in, got off to a flier and we've dragged them down to our level. Ask again at the end of the season

So would Vicente make the cut in your opinion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here