Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injury Situation

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
i think that what we may see early next season is some rotation of Lamptey and March with Veltman and Burn/Moder respectively just so that they can be eased back in. We'll have to manage workloads in those two wing back positions as they are so physically demanding.

Plus different teams will require different strategies. Teams that defend deep and try to suffocate our attacks, which we've struggled against, I'd expect Lamptey and March to play, to use pace to get behind them.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Do we know how long March and Lamptey will be out for? Are we expecting them back for the start of next season?

Lamptey -- hamstrings have been cited and he's been out for a long, long time (and it was declared months ago) for an injury that, at most, normally takes 2-6 weeks to heal. I suspect that means that there's an operation (or something similar) that prevents/limits the recurrence of hamstring injuries for speedsters such as Tariq, although I know diddly squat about such medical interventions.

March -- in a recent interview he's said that he's suffering from an ACL yet I'm pretty sure that it's been stated that he'll be back for the start of next season. I do know that there are different types of ACL injuries -- ruptures, tears, probably others too -- and Solly previously suffered from a rupture that kept him out for 9-12 months. I suspect that this time it isn't a rupture.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Plus different teams will require different strategies. Teams that defend deep and try to suffocate our attacks, which we've struggled against, I'd expect Lamptey and March to play, to use pace to get behind them.

Yes, absolutely. Burn was a real asset in helping us from the Leeds aerial bombardment. Veltman and Burn as wing backs give us a very strong defensive feel. March and Lamptey give us greater attacking threat.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Lamptey -- hamstrings have been cited and he's been out for a long, long time (and it was declared months ago) for an injury that, at most, normally takes 2-6 weeks to heal. I suspect that means that there's an operation (or something similar) that prevents/limits the recurrence of hamstring injuries for speedsters such as Tariq, although I know diddly squat about such medical interventions.

He did have an op in the end; it was no secret. There was an article in The Athletic about it and how susceptible a player as fast as Lamptey is to hamstring injuries in his late teens and early 20s. Based on that, you would expect him to be used cautiously for the next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here