Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injury Situation

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Both expected to be training by the weekend and Propper should play against the Twats tomorrow

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Lallana s looked like shin splints - whatever that is - It was a great idea doesnt look like its going to work if hes injured all the time

If it was shin splints, I can speak from experience that it hurts!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I pulled both my calf muscles in a game when I hadn't played for a while, got told not to play football for 6 weeks. Although I was back at it 3 weeks later and didn't have too many issues.

Yep, a pulled muscle in the calf could easily be six weeks. That’s not cramp though......

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So the ref stops the game and we all sat there concerned, and wait for ages for the game to restart, whilst he sat there and removed his shin pads for a bout of cramp?

Hmm.

Been cleared up now.......

"Adam Lallana is okay. It's not as bad as we first thought, he took some heavy contacts in the game and it was just that, not muscular.

"He'll be training at the end of the week hopefully, but he won't be involved tomorrow."

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
So with White and Lallana both back in contention for Saturday, and Stephens not seeming to be a bad injury, its only Andone and Izquierdo in the treatment room. We could be much stronger in the second half of the season if both of those were to get back to full fitness. Izquierdo recently said he was back doing some work with the squad and some on his own, which is promising. Andone's recovery from knee ligament damage will be around 6 months, so we're looking at Christmas time before he's training with the squad again.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Lallana walked off without any issue which suggests the problem is muscular and aggravated by high load and sprints. Likely a pull or small tear in hammy.

6 days, minor muscular issue.

People moaning about NSC diagnosis. Keep the faith, listen to some posters myself included who have played the game for years seen and suffered the majority of injuries minor and major.

If you walk off the pitch unaided it's quite plainly not serious.

Expect Adam to start next time out given Yves' timeout.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bumped to enquire about Maupay and Lallana

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Bumped to enquire about Maupay and Lallana

Lallana is past his best, but is still absolute class and can make a huge difference at this level

Maupay is young, french, and angry but looking like he will will probably do very well at this level too

Hope this helps :wink:

At least by me bouncing it, we may get an update as we go into a very busy period :thumbsup:

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Maupay has been awarded an Oscar according to some melts on here

Lallana has lost a leg and they are deciding whether to replace it will a wooden one off the treatment table or a metal one from the 1901 suite.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Do we know how long March and Lamptey will be out for? Are we expecting them back for the start of next season?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Do we know how long March and Lamptey will be out for? Are we expecting them back for the start of next season?

I think so. When Lamptey was ruled out for the rest of the season Potter said "we'll now have to focus to get him strong and ready for the start of next season". Solly in his case said that he aims to be ready for pre-season and hopefully even start to train with the team before the end of this one.

So unless something goes wrong they should both be back.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
i think that what we may see early next season is some rotation of Lamptey and March with Veltman and Burn/Moder respectively just so that they can be eased back in. We'll have to manage workloads in those two wing back positions as they are so physically demanding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here