Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injury Situation

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
As a slight aside I have a feeling that injuries will have a larger impact on the league this year than normal seasons. Could have a significant impact on some teams with smaller squads.

I am not directly linking this to our injuries I think we will cope better than a lot of teams.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I was hoping we’d get more than 44 minutes out of Lallana before his injuries come back to haunt him. Could be a long few years on 55k/week...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I really liked the look of Lallana and feel he’s exactly what we need in midfield , hope it’s not too serious.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Lallana walked off without any issue which suggests the problem is muscular and aggravated by high load and sprints. Likely a pull or small tear in hammy.

He should be back in a matter of weeks.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Think Lallana injury was just tightness. He knows he can’t play through that sort of thing without making it worse. Likely a few weeks.
White either be back straight away or some small ligament damage and 4-6 weeks out the side

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
White jarred his knee blocking a shot. Hopefully not a ligament strain but I think it was. He looked very assured tonight.

Who knows with Lallana.

Maupay turned his ankle too and seemed off the pace. He may be out for Newcastle too.

I don't know whether I hope Maupay was injured after having his achilles/ankle trodden on by Zouma. Obviously we're in big trouble if he is injured, but if he wasn't, his form has dropped quite dramatically. I'm a big fan of his, but that was a poor performance.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I don't know whether I hope Maupay was injured after having his achilles/ankle trodden on by Zouma. Obviously we're in big trouble if he is injured, but if he wasn't, his form has dropped quite dramatically. I'm a big fan of his, but that was a poor performance.
3 goals in 23 games he's been crap for a while.

Desperately need 2 more strikers.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
3 goals in 23 games he's been crap for a while.

Desperately need 2 more strikers.

He really hasn't. Can you list the number of strikers that finished in the bottom half of the table last season that got into double figures? Try that, and then reflect on it.
And just to deflate your expectations: we won't get two new strikers for the first team squad.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Got to say been lucky with injuries for years now. Hope its not our time like Norwich had last season.

If Lallana is longer term then we have time to get another in maybe.

The striker situation is a joke , lets face it. Walking a tightrope like last night with 2 strikers in the squad is schoolboy stuff. Hope thats addressed ASAP. 1 should of come in for the first game.

White my feeling is will be fine.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
According to Naylor

Potter says it's too early to assess the extent of injuries to Lallana (cramping) and White (ankle). He's hopeful they are not too bad.
Mac Allister's absence from the 18 was selection, not injury.
Propper (Achilles) is training

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
According to Naylor

Potter says it's too early to assess the extent of injuries to Lallana (cramping) and White (ankle). He's hopeful they are not too bad.
Was just about to post that, good news hopefully!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He really hasn't. Can you list the number of strikers that finished in the bottom half of the table last season that got into double figures? Try that, and then reflect on it.
And just to deflate your expectations: we won't get two new strikers for the first team squad.

It's not worth reasoning. One of the regular doom-merchants.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Troy deeney , pukki , Chris wood.

I'm sure we won't sign two either. But it's just not good enough. We started with five strikers last season. Why has our squad suddenly been cut down so much without reinforcements?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

Maupay did look off the pace last night and couldn't really hold the ball up. Much prefer to see him play off a bigger man but we all know we are looking for forward additions. Hopefully he will be fine for Sunday, if not then Connolly will cover in the short term. Like others have said, I just hope Lallana is not the new Paul Kitson.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Got to say been lucky with injuries for years now. Hope its not our time like Norwich had last season.

If Lallana is longer term then we have time to get another in maybe.

The striker situation is a joke , lets face it. Walking a tightrope like last night with 2 strikers in the squad is schoolboy stuff. Hope thats addressed ASAP. 1 should of come in for the first game.

White my feeling is will be fine.

Have we? I think we've had our fair share over the past few seasons, particularly if you go back to 2015/16!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
According to Naylor

Good news on both.

At the time I thought White had tweaked his knee and that would probably have meant ligaments, (I know ankle can too, but generally quicker to heal).

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
In terms of cover ...

White. I've total confidence in Veltman to come in and play in that spot ... or Burn to come in and shuffle Webby back.

Lallana. Clearly we don't have anyone with that pedigree, but Gross, MacAllister and maybe soon Davy can vie for that place. I'm not concerned

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
White jarred his knee blocking a shot. Hopefully not a ligament strain but I think it was. He looked very assured tonight.

Who knows with Lallana.

Maupay turned his ankle too and seemed off the pace. He may be out for Newcastle too.

White has real pace, he dug both Dunk and Webster out a couple of times when they got a little caught on the turn. He reads the game very well. Impressive first PL start for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here