Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket payments

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'm sure this has been covered on NSC, but could someone point me to the info about season ticket payments. It looks like direct debits are going out but of course we can't go to games. Any clues about the plans? Maybe I missed this in the noise around slowly reopening The Amex?

Last edited by a moderator:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm sure this has been covered on NSC, but could someone point me to the info about season ticket payments. It looks like direct debits are going out but of course we can't go to games. Any clues about the plans? Maybe I missed this in the noise around slowly reopening The Amex?

They said payments would stop in September. I took that to mean that they wouldn't take any more money this month but my debits have gone out. Must be October that they stop.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Payments are stopped / frozen after this month and then whatever you have paid to date is used as a balance against games you attend once fans are allowed back via a ballot...I think that's it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They said payments would stop in September. I took that to mean that they wouldn't take any more money this month but my debits have gone out. Must be October that they stop.

I got the impression that the payments would stop in September. but read it as the last payment was 1st September, as that makes it 6 months.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

I had assumed September was when they would stop if you hadn't taken the payment holiday because im sure they mentioned having 4 or 5 payments in the bank as it were to cover successful ballot games

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Payments will stop after you’ve made 6 payments.

For those that didn’t take a payment holiday the September payment is the last, for those who took a payment holiday it will continue until you have paid 6 installments.

Barber said they will be stopped at least until the new year, then it would be revisited depending on crowds, people’s personal balances after ballots etc.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
pretty sure it doesn't mater if you have taken a payment holiday if you took the refund option from last season as we got refunded the price of 5 games off last season's ticket on to this season ticket and so that means if you paid 1st April and then took a break for three months and started again and paid 1st August and 1st September you will still have 6 months (credit) money on your account my season ticket in the north stand is £545 and so far i have paid £275.96 towards it

01-Apr 45.42
Refund 19/20 ST 140.82
01-Aug 44.88
01-Sep 44.84
Total 275.96

So basically it will only be the fans with new season tickets who took up the payment holiday for this season and the ones that decided not to take the refund option that will need to keep paying. Hoping someone will correct me on this if i am wrong.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Payments will stop after you’ve made 6 payments.

For those that didn’t take a payment holiday the September payment is the last, for those who took a payment holiday it will continue until you have paid 6 installments.

Barber said they will be stopped at least until the new year, then it would be revisited depending on crowds, people’s personal balances after ballots etc.

This is what I read. So those with the payment holiday (at the reduced rate because of last season's refund) will have paid one before the holiday, one at the beginning of August and one this week. So 3 more due from now.

From this balance you pay your ballot tickets (if you get any) and have credit if we do go back. If we finish the season still not at "normal" then Amy credit you have left is used to discount your renewal the season after or you can take in cash if you don't renew.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
pretty sure it doesn't mater if you have taken a payment holiday if you took the refund option from last season as we got refunded the price of 5 games off last season's ticket on to this season ticket and so that means if you paid 1st April and then took a break for three months and started again and paid 1st August and 1st September you will still have 6 months (credit) money on your account my season ticket in the north stand is £545 and so far i have paid £275.96 towards it

01-Apr 45.42
Refund 19/20 ST 140.82
01-Aug 44.88
01-Sep 44.84
Total 275.96

So basically it will only be the fans with new season tickets who took up the payment holiday for this season and the ones that decided not to take the refund option that will need to keep paying. Hoping someone will correct me on this if i am wrong.

I think you may be wrong. If you took the payment holiday at the time those monthly payments in my case were due to go up to around 60 pounds per month on resumption. The fact that they are nearer the original 40 pound mark is because the refund for the 5 games was applied and spread across the remaining payments

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Given that its impossible to please everyone no matter what you do, I think the club have played this as well as they could have. We all know how tickets will be allocated when(if) fans are allowed back, we know what the situation is with DD payments and refunds are. If there is a sudden (unlikely) reopening of the stadium fully season tickets will have been paid for, but if the stadiums are closed most people have not been paying for tickets they cant use (full payment upfront excepted-I believe even there arrangements are in place for refunds, but I tuned out of that in the zoom meeting as doesn't affect me). Not really sure how it could have realistically been done better.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
I think you may be wrong. If you took the payment holiday at the time those monthly payments in my case were due to go up to around 60 pounds per month on resumption. The fact that they are nearer the original 40 pound mark is because the refund for the 5 games was applied and spread across the remaining payments
But as of now i have paid £276 so that is half my season ticket (£545) so works out to be the same as if i'd paid for 6 months - i think the only way it would have gone up to £60 is if we'd be allowed to go to the final 5 home games. it is all a bit confusing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
But as of now i have paid £276 so that is half my season ticket (£545) so works out to be the same as if i'd paid for 6 months - i think the only way it would have gone up to £60 is if we'd be allowed to go to the final 5 home games. it is all a bit confusing.

Tho to be fair to the club, these are unprecedently confusing times. All you can be sure of really is that the current regime will do their utmost to Treat Customers Fairly. Just like they've always done

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Yes it's exactly that. The season ticket renewals just about pre dated stadium.closure and the decision to refund the 5 games certainly came after that. The confusion you have relates to that refund. You are talking as though you have already paid that which technically you have. Rightly or wrongly the club have spread that refund across the remaining payments this season. As far as the club is concerned you have paid April's payment plus the payments in August and September.

For what it's worth I think the club have managed this pretty well as whichever way they work it is an increased hassle that will never satisfy everybody

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Given that its impossible to please everyone no matter what you do, I think the club have played this as well as they could have. We all know how tickets will be allocated when(if) fans are allowed back, we know what the situation is with DD payments and refunds are. If there is a sudden (unlikely) reopening of the stadium fully season tickets will have been paid for, but if the stadiums are closed most people have not been paying for tickets they cant use (full payment upfront excepted-I believe even there arrangements are in place for refunds, but I tuned out of that in the zoom meeting as doesn't affect me). Not really sure how it could have realistically been done better.

Do we?

I certainly don't, and i don't believe there has been any official announcement, only what was discussed on the Zoom meeting, although I could be wrong?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Since April 19 I have paid ~£915 (15 months @ ~£54 and 3 months @ ~£35).

The pro-rata cost of a ticket, assuming 19 games/season is ~£34/game.

I have seen 14 games ~£477.

Therefore I have ~£437 towards this season, or enough for attending slightly less than 13 games...

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Do we?

I certainly don't, and i don't believe there has been any official announcement, only what was discussed on the Zoom meeting, although I could be wrong?

i was going to reply saying yes we do, as i was sure I had read it on the website, or email ,etc, so I went to look to post the link, however I cant actually find anything. Barber said that 6 payments would be taken, and that money held in credit and used for matches attended, I am sure in the follow up email/report it was laid out however as I cant find anything at all I must be mistaken. Has anyone else seen anything official?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
What happens if you pay for your ST up front in one payment? Presumably just rolls on to next season?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
What is clear is that folks aren't clear. Thanks for all the input - I think I understand how it relates to my situation now (I am paying 6 months to build up a credit account with the club). It's been a moving target, and contibues to be, so might be worth PB just issuing a unified "here's where we are at" email perhaps?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here