Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone else feeling a bit sad...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
...at seeing our promotion team being whittled away? Oh sure, it was always going to happen, it needed to happen and I'm excited for the future, but that team was arguably one of the greatest in our history, and I felt a real connection to them which I've struggled to get with our new PL players. In the last few weeks we've lost Kayal, Murray and Duffy, who were all so integral to that side.

Anyone else feeling a bit sad at seeing these players (who have etched their names into our folklore) gradually drifting away, or is it just me?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agreed. Was thinking this the other day. Rosenior, Hemed, Kayal, Knocky , Duffy - shame but like you say, it has to happen now. Players get older and aren’t as up to it as they were etc etc.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Who’s left? Dunk, March and Stephens, is that it?

Think so, and Dale isn't likely to be anywhere near first choice going forward (or sideways, or backward...)

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Agreed. Was thinking this the other day. Rosenior, Hemed, Kayal, Knocky , Duffy - shame but like you say, it has to happen now. Players get older and aren’t as up to it as they were etc etc.

I saw Liam’s Mrs today dropping some laundry off at the laundrette, bottom of Station Road Portslade this morning, guess he still lives down here.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I saw Liam’s Mrs today dropping some laundry off at the laundrette, bottom of Station Road Portslade this morning, guess he still lives down here.

Has she still got mad hair? :lol:

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
To be honest I'd be worried if we were holding onto players like Glenn when they're clearly past their best. They use up wages and squad positions that would be far better placed elsewhere if we want to progress. That squad will always be legendary but it certainly doesn't upset me to see them move on at this stage.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
...at seeing our promotion team being whittled away? Oh sure, it was always going to happen, it needed to happen and I'm excited for the future, but that team was arguably one of the greatest in our history, and I felt a real connection to them which I've struggled to get with our new PL players. In the last few weeks we've lost Kayal, Murray and Duffy, who were all so integral to that side.

Anyone else feeling a bit sad at seeing these players (who have etched their names into our folklore) gradually drifting away, or is it just me?

It is natural and needs to happen but it does feel a bit sad seeing the players we were 'together' with start to depart. I remember feeling the same way the first time around too TBH...losing Brian Horton, Paul Clarke and the gang.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In Muzza's case, I'm glad he'll be playing regularly at I club I don't dislike. But that drive round the M25 to their training ground at London Colney is a *******.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've not got over the break up of the 1988 promotion winning side, to be honest.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I like the girlfriend analogy because of the way we're heading.
You have a long term relationship, then she gets a boob job!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here