Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Best Premier League Ever?

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Just looking at the squads of pretty much all the teams this could potentially be in terms of player ability the most talented premier league season ever? Shame fans probably won't be in the crowd to see it or at least not all of it .

Every year the premier league is tough but this season coming just looks like another level.. Pretty much every side is starting to make serious signings. Really hard to know what to expect this season. Still think all three promoted sides are in trouble but also wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Burnley, Palace, Newcastle, Villa us Sheffield United and West Ham battling it out as well although I feel the last 3 I mentioned will be fine.

Expect City and Liverpool to be the top 2 but Chelsea, United and Arsenal drastically closing the gap. Everton just keep spending, Leicester and Wolves probably solidified as top half sides although both I think will drop a few positions. Southampton could be outsiders for Europe.

Really looking forward to this one but part of me feels like it'll be the hardest yet.

Does anyone else feel a similar way, or see it differently?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Doesn't this sort of thing get said every year?
Then 3 months in 'it's a really poor standard this year...'
Who'd making 'serious signings'?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Sure this thread appears every year. Yep some of the bigger sides have spent a decent amount of money but the league to me seems about as strong as last year - if not a touch worse looking at the sides coming up compared to those going down.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
There is some serious quality throughout the League, thats for certain.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Its good.

If its better than the era where PL teams usually used to occupy three or even four of the CL semi-final spots? Questionable.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
There are some decent squads. Fortunately not the Leeds squad which still looks appalling.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There is some serious quality throughout the League, thats for certain.

Yeah.

I think the early replies are being a little harsh on the OP.

I do think for all the quality on the pitch, the technical areas do look a little light, which might be the downfall of the division.

Ollie & Maureen need to go, yesterday.
Chelsea Arsenal and ourselves are in very similar boats.

There is a Premier League football team who employs David Moyes - Let that sink in.

Plenty of the mid tables seem to be one trick ponies slowly getting found out.

There's nobody coming up with anything more than a bucket to spit in.

Chances are Steve Bruce might end up as one of the very best managers in this forthcoming season.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Sure this thread appears every year. Yep some of the bigger sides have spent a decent amount of money but the league to me seems about as strong as last year - if not a touch worse looking at the sides coming up compared to those going down.

I wouldn't know about last year as haven't been on here that long.. I take your point about Watford and Bournemouth going down and teams coming up not being as good. However, West Brom play a great style to survive in the league, and Leeds and Fulham seem to be strengthening quite a bit. Nobody else has really weakened either?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I wouldn't know about last year as haven't been on here that long.. I take your point about Watford and Bournemouth going down and teams coming up not being as good. However, West Brom play a great style to survive in the league, and Leeds and Fulham seem to be strengthening quite a bit. Nobody else has really weakened either?

Not sure really. At the moment I see West Brom getting as many points as Norwich next year. Can’t see Leeds or Fulham being any stronger than Watford or Bournemouth as it stands. No one has really improved down at the bottom end of the league either. Burnley and Newcastle look in real trouble in particular. Top 6 looks markedly better but we’re not really playing for those positions.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Crodo will be GUTTED that he didn’t get in first with this thread :smile:

Maybe he can run a sweepstake? I imagine he might get lucky in the draw and get Liverpool or City

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Not sure really. At the moment I see West Brom getting as many points as Norwich next year. Can’t see Leeds or Fulham being any stronger than Watford or Bournemouth as it stands. No one has really improved down at the bottom end of the league either. Burnley and Newcastle look in real trouble in particular. Top 6 looks markedly better but we’re not really playing for those positions.

You can never tell though. Look how much Fulham spent 'strengthening' two seasons ago and how that worked out. (Although they still took four points off us).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here