Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time of fear?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Utter bollocks and unnecessary to boot. Conspiracies go both ways, let’s keep it on track huh?

Personally I just feel that the idea of locking down for 2 or 3 years is both not viable economically, nor justifiable to adversely affect many 20 somethings futures to give a smaller number of 80 somethings a little while longer with us.

I worry that governments around the world are of such a fixed mind to beat Corona that they cause bigger problems on the side. Mental health, unemployment, homelessness etc etc......and remember, I am a nasty Tory ******* according to some on here. I do not want to see people v politicians, community v police, social group v social group.

Let’s get that vaccine huh.

Has your wife logged onto your account or something? :D

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9483054]https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53959552

It's just a few thousand nutters, mostly right-wing, nutters.

Utter rubbish. Some friends of mine went who are the total opposite of right wing and said they saw no overt right wing symbolism at all. The media are using this to try and discredit the event. Manipulation. Again.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Time of fear? Yes. Main Stream Media stiring up the fear factor.

Do I think COVID is real? Yes. Man made conspiracy theory? Feck knows.

Have the lockdowns and handlings been wrong? Yes. Look at the deaths. 90%+ over 40 and underlying health issues of both under and over 40s. Should have kept anyone under 40 at work who could and mandatory gloves and masks from day 1.

The lockdowns have forced millions out of work and businesses permanently shut. The printing of money is insane. Effects will be felt for a decade, minimum.

I think you can raise your 40s to +70s. Very very very unlikely anyone under that age would die without having serious underlying issues.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Utter rubbish. Some friends of mine went who are the total opposite of tight wing and said they saw no overt right wing symbolism or at all. The media are using this to try and discredit the event. Manipulation. Again.

apart from the fascist flag, maybe they were looking the other way.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Utter rubbish. Some friends of mine went who are the total opposite of tight wing and said they saw no overt right wing symbolism or at all. The media are using this to try and discredit the event. Manipulation. Again.

Apart from the British Union of Fascists you mean? ???

0D3F9E9A-200A-403E-B1A6-DBDC7D549CD8.jpeg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

View attachment 127842

And the bloke who idolises Farage on this very thread.....

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Evidence?

Because the Tories f*cked-up and didn't have an emergency stockpile of PPE - a mad scramble for PPE by the general population would have led to hospital staff treating patients without PPE (and they struggled to supply sufficient PPE without any panic buying by the public) - so blame the Tories (who also initially adopted a policy of 'herd immunity' that led to thousands of unnecessary deaths)

Rubbish. The WHO and Dr Fauci are all on record saying masks don’t make any difference.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This isn’t a flu, which I believe was one of the issues with the modelling?

much of the problems with original reaction and extended policy seem to have stemed from this, and why so many countries made same mistakes.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Ah, so there are scientific ways of proving things are true / not true. Perhaps the pair of you ought to apply them to CV19, particularly as you're posting on a forum where a number of members have been personally and tragically affected and tend to get a little upset with halfwits suggesting this is all some kind of population control hoax.

It was a statement of fact.

I don’t believe Covid 19 is a hoax, I think it’s a real virus (a coronavirus like the cold, the flu, and H1N1) that has been disastrously handled by most of the world’s governments.

As I said earlier, I went to the rally to hear the doctors and nurses not the conspiracy types. I left before Icke spoke as I think his idea that the moon is a hologram housing shape shifting lizard men might be slightly wide of the mark.

****wit is an empirical, objective statement? Fancy that!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

View attachment 127842
Greg Dyke's lost a bit of weight and grown a beard. Never had him down as a fascist tbf.

To be fair to the tinfoilers, two blokes with a flag doesn't make the whole thing a RW/fascist event.

But anyone who goes to anything where David Icke is welcome to speak needs to have a word with themselves, write 100 lines and then not look at the internet again for at least a month. I mean David Icke, FFS.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Agreed. Said from the start of this, the only way out of this is a vaccine that actually works (and everyone takes) or everyone getting the virus and therefore immunity that way.

Everything else is window dressing, lockdown or not, the virus is still there and will come back (as we're already seeing). I understand the need to prevent the health service from being overwhelmed but they've gone about it in a completely cock eyed way.

And don't get me started on the government schemes for the self employed etc.....

What a shambles.

Can't say I'm particularly worried about the breakdown of society though. Plus as usual with the conspiracy theory nutjobs, the truth is incompetence with a smattering of greed rather than anything more outlandish and sinister.

By protecting the NHS the way we did and for the length we did we have now overwhelmed it beyond a fix, if the figure of 10 million on the waiting list is correct that’s just a number, Most of those people Won’t be seen before it’s too late.

I’ve read something on the CDC that is now saying Less than 10k people in the states have died of the just Covid - they now have a massive problem for that number of deaths

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
You emailed your friend for backup, that is sweet. :kiss:

Backup? I didn’t need any backup. I have one of the most liked posts on this thread ffs.

I emailed him as soon as I saw the thread. I didn’t ask him to post anything.

larus

Didn’t some cretin get a BUF flag out in London? As above, right wing nutters who, whilst protesting against further lockdowns and restrictions, don’t seem to grasp the fact that avoiding such mass gatherings will probably reduce the risk of further lockdowns :facepalm:

Everyone has bias. I really am rather baffled at why you’re being so defensive over being asked to provide a source ???

Whenever I read any of your posts, you have this view of self-righteousness which is associated with the left. You, from what I’ve seen, throw insults around (see your quoted post), just because people DARE to have a different opinion to you.

As a conservative, I believe in Free Education, Free NHS, well funded police, defence, etc. I believe in the welfare state to support those who fall on hard times. I don’t however think that people should expect handouts and contribute nothing.

In regards the NHS, I want the best service at point of delivery. However, if this happened to be (gasp) a private hospital, the left would throw accusations of destroying/privatising the NHS. I want the best, most effective NHS for the HUGE sums of money. It’s been proven that it can’t cope as we had to lock down to protect the NHS. Strange, I thought the NHS was there to protect us! In my (luckily limited) dealings with the NHS I’ve found it inefficient and wasteful. Lots of people seem to stand around just chatting too.

On the other side, I despise bosses/corporations who abuse power/employees. The banks are prime examples of this. Capitalism is not perfect, but IMO, it is the best we currently have. However, the capitalism we are experiencing now is corrupted, as firms which fail should go bust and not be supported (which is what we have been experiencing for the last 12 odd years with QE). We don’t have true capitalism now, and Covid is exacerbating the problem with all of these bail-outs and ‘funny’ money.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
By protecting the NHS the way we did and for the length we did we have now overwhelmed it beyond a fix, if the figure of 10 million on the waiting list is correct that’s just a number, Most of those people Won’t be seen before it’s too late.

I’ve read something on the CDC that is now saying Less than 10k people in the states have died of the just Covid - they now have a massive problem for that number of deaths
Yes, as I said the concept was correct, the actual response has been an unmitigated disaster.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

That is an estimate on the increased numbers of cancer deaths due to later diagnosis than would otherwise have occurred if cancer screening had not been suspended. It does not (as it is impossible) take account of increased covid deaths that may have occurred with increased contact and putting patients on immuno-compromising cancer treatments. What it tells us is that some people will have had their outcome damaged by lockdown, it doesnt tell us if there is a net benefit or cost.
I suspect a lockdown that did not include a suspension of screening would have been the most beneficial to all, but probably would have seen a few more oncologists in the death toll from Covid, which would also have had an impact on the outcomes of cancer patients in itself.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

One flag [emoji23] out of thousands of attendees. I wouldn’t be surprised if 99% of people there didn’t see it. But let’s use that to discredit the whole event. Standard media manipulation tactics. I see you like to take your media fed medicine like a good boy.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don’t believe Covid 19 is a hoax, I think it’s a real virus (a coronavirus like the cold, the flu, and H1N1) that has been disastrously handled by most of the world’s governments.

As I said earlier, I went to the rally to hear the doctors and nurses not the conspiracy types. I left before Icke spoke as I think his idea that the moon is a hologram housing shape shifting lizard men might be slightly wide of the mark.

****wit is an empirical, objective statement? Fancy that!

"Most of"

What do you think about New Zealand, the US and Brazil?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here