Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Will try to get to odd game at Whitehawk/Lewes/Worthing.this season. Lost a bit of interest when Whitehawk were throwing stupid money at very average players few years ago but hopefully that has changed now. Those that follow these sides are these sides self financing or do they rely on owners putting money in with dream of getting in EFL

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Will try to get to odd game at Whitehawk/Lewes/Worthing.this season. Lost a bit of interest when Whitehawk were throwing stupid money at very average players few years ago but hopefully that has changed now. Those that follow these sides are these sides self financing or do they rely on owners putting money in with dream of getting in EFL

Whitehawk stopped doing that a while ago and as a result got relegated twice in a row. Seems Lewes and Worthing are doing their best to be self financing these days.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Wow! I was one of those who thought Cashman was more likely tp step up rather than step out this season. No dis-respect to Worthing, but I'd've thought Cashman would be aiming higher than level - what is it? Level 7? Should tear up a few trees at level anyway, I suppose, so could be good news for Worthing.

Yep, they’re two leagues below the conference. It might actually be a smart move for him though.

He’s going to play every week in an attacking team who play some cracking football and scouts seemed to have spotted the good work Worthing are doing as more and more former Worthing players end up in the football league and top half conference teams. Kwame Poku at Colchester, Fin Stevens at Brentford, David Ajiboye at Sutton, Omar Bugial to FGR (now at Sutton) & Lucas to Torquay (now at Port Vale).

Spending a year at Worthing, banging in 15 goals and helping them get the promotion they deserve might get him better offers than someone taking a punt on a youth player

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Went to Poole Town v Torquay United yesterday with my Torquay supporting colleague, to tick off ground 127. I just could simply not get over how small Gary Johnson is, he’s tiny! A fairly routine 2-0 for the gulls, conference is looking like a very tough league next season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yep, they’re two leagues below the conference. It might actually be a smart move for him though.

He’s going to play every week in an attacking team who play some cracking football and scouts seemed to have spotted the good work Worthing are doing as more and more former Worthing players end up in the football league and top half conference teams. Kwame Poku at Colchester, Fin Stevens at Brentford, David Ajiboye at Sutton, Omar Bugial to FGR (now at Sutton) & Lucas to Torquay (now at Port Vale).

Spending a year at Worthing, banging in 15 goals and helping them get the promotion they deserve might get him better offers than someone taking a punt on a youth player

Big gamble. Surely he'll be taking a wage cut from his U23 earnings - I presume clubs in level 7 are part-timers? Good luck to him anyway - still surprised he's not out on loan from us at a higher level.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If you mean behind one of the goals, I believe it supports the roof that covers the stand.

Ain’t no roof, pretty much still looked like this.

Attachments

• 216D247B-917F-4301-AA74-525916CB0BB9.jpeg
    216D247B-917F-4301-AA74-525916CB0BB9.jpeg
    273.3 KB · Views: 108

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

A lot to be said for what you say, a lot of good players have been found playing non league football, Jamie Vardy anyone?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
BIG match tomorrow night at Steyning Town 7:45pm ko. The John Brown Trophy - an annual pre-season fixture with Upper Beeding. John Brown is a person all clubs need to survive - he looks after the grounds and just gets on with stuff.

Also we will be remembering a young lad Ollie Rolfe who played in the younger age groups and, at the age of 21, last week took his own life. Ollie's family will be at the match. All gate proceeds will go towards the Samaritans in line with his families wishes . (Entry £5 adults , £1 U18s). Be kind to people.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Heading to Worthing v Welling United today, which is the closer station. Worthing Central or West Worthing?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Just two and a half weeks before Shoreham's first game v Seaford at home.

Really looking foward to the non league scene starting up again and giving the Prem a rest. I will still follow the Albion, but nothing beats the non league scene and supporting real local players. Bring it on ! And still only a fiver.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
My first trip to the Trafalgar to see Newhaven v Whitehawk tonight.

I'm guessing that AEA will be sitting out after beating the living shit out of that Lewes player at the weekend.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Newhaven 2 - 2 Whitehawk

Very competitive friendly, Newhaven well worth the draw. Cheap beer. Dodgy burgers. Great view

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Former Albion academy player Martyn Box (same year as Teddy Jenks, Sam Packham and Jack Spong) was taken to hospital tonight after being injured playing for Burgess Hill Town against Horsham. Hope it is nothing too serious:-

[TWEET]1420119692602191875[/TWEET]

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Just got back from a sunny Woodside Road where Worthing beat Tonbridge Angels 4.1.
Danny Cashman, listed as a trialist on the team sheet, scored one of the goals. Cashman also featured on Tuesday evening for the Rebels in the away friendly at Baffins Milton Rovers.

Just seen that Cashman also played a half for Chichester City against Horndean the previous Saturday, too.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Just two and a half weeks before Shoreham's first game v Seaford at home.

Really looking foward to the non league scene starting up again and giving the Prem a rest. I will still follow the Albion, but nothing beats the non league scene and supporting real local players. Bring it on ! And still only a fiver.

Just £2.50 if you show your brighton season ticket

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here