Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Well that was chuffing brilliant entertainment! Littlehampton through to the next round 5-4 on pens after a 3-3 draw. Sheppey were a decent outfit, for sure, but The Marigolds matched them for effort and detemination all afternoon. Three times we led, each time Sheppey levelled it up - two times within a minute of conceding. Looked like we'd won it in injury time, but Sheppey equalised with literally the last kick of the game to force penalties. One of the Littlehampton penalties had to be retaken twice, after the keeper moved off his line to save - all three pens ultimately missed by the unfortunate home player. All was well in the end, though, with a sudden death penalty winner. So much fun, loads of Albion regulars in attendance in the 204 crowd - enjoyed every minute.

Brilliant. Well played the Marigolds. Very handy result.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
The tough afternoon was at the Shooting Field where Walton & Hersham were 0-5 up at half time. An object lesson in counter attacking football. They were a good team, more than matched by us in terms of possession but they were organised, always in position, always on the move and went forward at pace.

Interestingly they are owned by a group of young people, I’m not sure in their twenties. I don’t know how the finances work but fair play to them. There’s a good spirit on the pitch and off the pitch. Worth keeping an eye on.

Next up for the Barrowmen - Pagham away on Tuesday night.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I paid for hospitality at Charlton vs. Cardiff City last season and they closed the blinds in the lounge just before kick-off and the start
of the second half. I love Charlton as a club, but treating people like morons is not the way forward.

I don't blame Charlton at all - they're just following the rules - I blame the FA or, failing that, whoever makes up these
f***g stupid rules.

It’s been the rules, perhaps even the law, for probably the last 35-40 years in this country, no alcohol to be consumed within view of the pitch during a match.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Southport is a lovely ground, very jealous.

Thought you might enjoy these. Enjoyable game. Finished 1-1 with Southport equalizing in the last minute of injury time. I saw the goal through a bit of a fog as we had started to walk around the pitch to leave (it was freezing !) and my mask steamed up ! Masks were only required when walking around the ground. Tip for Monday: don't set off to leave a minute early if you wear glasses !

Southport1.JPGSouthport2.JPGSouthport3.JPG

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Well that was chuffing brilliant entertainment! Littlehampton through to the next round 5-4 on pens after a 3-3 draw. Sheppey were a decent outfit, for sure, but The Marigolds matched them for effort and detemination all afternoon. Three times we led, each time Sheppey levelled it up - two times within a minute of conceding. Looked like we'd won it in injury time, but Sheppey equalised with literally the last kick of the game to force penalties. One of the Littlehampton penalties had to be retaken twice, after the keeper moved off his line to save - all three pens ultimately missed by the unfortunate home player. All was well in the end, though, with a sudden death penalty winner. So much fun, loads of Albion regulars in attendance in the 204 crowd - enjoyed every minute.

Cracking result!!!

The SCEFL league will be between them, Chatham and Corinthian I expect. They are the only team to beat Corinthian this season who got to the semis of the vase this/last season.

I went to Jarvis Brook 0-1 Upper Beading. Decent game. Probably fair result.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
In my non league travels Worthing United is the Coldest ground I have been to, including AFC Emley which is on top of a hill next to the UK’s tallest structure. A 3-1 victory for Worthing United against a young looking and fairly decent Edgware side. Some football heritage on display with playing slipping over the entire game in a mud bath, and of course the obligatory goal scored which was a mile off side and a free kick being scored from one of the worst decisions I’ve seen for a long time. However despite the cold everyone was incredibly welcoming at the ground and really friendly, all I expect volunteers to keep it all running. Think I’m going to head off down to the beacon on Tuesday to watch Hassocks against Broadbridge Heath. Will have visited half of the county premier league sides by then. I’m gonna have to start going off the national rail grid, to outposts like Alfold, Oakwood, Crawley Down Gatwick and Loxwood, wherever they are.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Heading up to Hassocks tonight to catch their Southern Combination game v Broadbridge Heath, sadly no alcohol on sale, but looking forward to a new ground to make it 120 grounds. They've had the most goals in their games in SCFL Prem this season, so looking forward to a 0-0 probably.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
The Mighty Musselmen (Shoreham FC) at home to Storrington tonight. Beers on sale through the beer hatch, burgers through the burger hatch. Couple of youths playing up tonight due to Covid fatigue in the senior camp.

Should be a great game against the cabbage kickers. Half price entry with your Albion ST.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Leiston away at Needham Mkt tonight in Trophy. Not going as had a hectic day and only just got in , plus really can't see the league and cups finishing again this season. Unlike me to miss a game but can't get enthused about it at the moment .

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
FA Trophy First Round Proper

Full-time: Aveley 1 Hastings United 0
Full-time: Thame United 2 Bognor Regis Town 5

The draw for the second round proper is tomorrow at 1pm (Weds).
It's due to be played next midweek, but if both side agree games can be brought forward to Saturday afternoon.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I was at a freezing Bunn Leisure Stadium to watch Littlehampton Town go top of the league with a 4-0 win at Selsey. Some hiliariously bad refereeing, but still vastly preferable to VAR. Billingshurst at home on Saturday....

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Hassocks game finished 1-0 to Broadbridge Heath, but bizarrely I met a old fella who at Hassocks was visiting his 1100th ground. Was a bit of a character but I suppose you’d have to be to visit 1100 football grounds. Nice enough bloke though, even though he just started talking to my mates about how we are only in a abnormal flu season for some reason, and seemed to take my joke about Bill Gates tracking us through a Vaccine as serious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here