Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Is senior local football same as few years ago in that 80% plus of squads change every season as players go looking for £s

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Also you get a few players that go wherever certain managers go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Not 80% or every club, usually a small group who club hop and usually disrupt teams,Alot of loyalty still exists in many players.

Good to hear.
Just remember Argus used to give comings and goings of all clubs and always seemed most had near new squad each season. Always crossed my mind how tough this was on the volunteers that often keep club going

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Hawks have just nabbed a couple more Rooks, including talismanic genius Ronnie Conlon - I agree it will be a bit of a party.

The Whitehawk team will mostly be the Lewes team from 2/3 years ago. Attractive to watch, won't score enough.
Lewes have signed the Cray manager and his assistant and he's brought with him two very promising forwards and the return of Lewis Carey a fantastic footballing goalkeeper

Rock Lobster

Dec 2, 2010
Hastings
Hastings United look to have kept the vast majority of last seasons squad. Hopefully it's a case of third time lucky and win the league after leading for the last two seasons...

Also I see Dorking Wanderers reserve team have joined the SCFL, I thought reserve teams were unable to enter senior leagues?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Also I see Dorking Wanderers reserve team have joined the SCFL, I thought reserve teams were unable to enter senior leagues?

That caught my eye too. Presumably there can only be so far up the pyramid they can advance? SCFL is Step 5 or 6 isn't it?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
That caught my eye too. Presumably there can only be so far up the pyramid they can advance? SCFL is Step 5 or 6 isn't it?

They used to be in the combined counties and they could never get promoted beyond step 5 then, strange as it doesn't seem to be the case with any other reserve team, except at step 7.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
E2J4APkXIAElzIa.jpeg

Whitehawk Pre-season

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Sad to see Whyteleafe have had to drop out of the Isthmian League due to the owners of the ground kicking them out. The company seems to be going around buying up non league football clubs and then forcing the clubs out. Ian Rush’s name is all over their website, and they claim to love grassroot sports but I don’t think chucking local clubs out their grounds is particularly normal. Something seems a bit dodgy here, having been to Whyteleafe it’s directly next to two train stations (prime property), would be dreadful for another football ground and club to go like this.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Sad to see Whyteleafe have had to drop out of the Isthmian League due to the owners of the ground kicking them out. The company seems to be going around buying up non league football clubs and then forcing the clubs out. Ian Rush’s name is all over their website, and they claim to love grassroot sports but I don’t think chucking local clubs out their grounds is particularly normal. Something seems a bit dodgy here, having been to Whyteleafe it’s directly next to two train stations (prime property), would be dreadful for another football ground and club to go like this.

And Abingdon Town resigning from the hellenic league ,same ground owners .

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I don't know the full details, it's a strange one, both Whyteleafe junior sections and ladies have agreed terms with the new owners for the forthcoming season but the seniors haven't for whatever reasons. Seems to be a previous unpaid debt which remains unpaid, the new owners are getting a roasting locally but the debt is Whyteleafe's debt and not the new owner's who own the ground and not the football club.
I know a group of fans wanted to by the club but again the stumbling block is the ongoing debt. A few years ago the club was split financially with a holding company owning the ground when the new 3G pitch was laid but the pitch was sold to the Rush /Gerrard consortium when payments feel in arrears.
A lot of spin coming out locally but the club has been mismanaged for years.
All very sad a great local, community club.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Southwick to ground share at Whitehawk next season.

Good from a practical perspective, may lead to more postponements though as the pitch does suffer in winter.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
And Abingdon Town resigning from the hellenic league ,same ground owners .

Yeah them as well, as the other post says, Whyteleafe have been in a black hole financially for a while. However what is coming out of Abingdon Town is very interesting, as it sounds like the new owners were impossible to deal with. They also own Brighouse Town’s ground so will be interesting to see the developments there. I don’t see why the company is trying to charge silly rent if that is the case, there’s absolutely no need to overcharge. Sounds like they are trying to start a Steven Gerrard soccer school, which costs £10,000 a term, doesn’t exactly sound like affordable grass roots football. This all seems to steeped in greed to be brutally honest.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I don't know the full details, it's a strange one, both Whyteleafe junior sections and ladies have agreed terms with the new owners for the forthcoming season but the seniors haven't for whatever reasons. Seems to be a previous unpaid debt which remains unpaid, the new owners are getting a roasting locally but the debt is Whyteleafe's debt and not the new owner's who own the ground and not the football club.
I know a group of fans wanted to by the club but again the stumbling block is the ongoing debt. A few years ago the club was split financially with a holding company owning the ground when the new 3G pitch was laid but the pitch was sold to the Rush /Gerrard consortium when payments feel in arrears.
A lot of spin coming out locally but the club has been mismanaged for years.
All very sad a great local, community club.

All very sad really, used the pitch for a work 7 a side tournament, and everyone was very nice and easy to deal with.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
All very sad really, used the pitch for a work 7 a side tournament, and everyone was very nice and easy to deal with.
For years the club was run by a group of half dozen who did everything, sadly they have passed.
Albion used the facility for an academy for a few years much to the annoyance of some of the locals......

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Updated thread title to 21/22 as you guys are already talking about it. Assume you will keep on the same thread?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here