Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will Lewis Dunk ever play for England again?

Will Lewis Dunk play for England again?

• Never while Southgate is in charge

Votes: 231 47.6%
  • Yes, Southgate will pick him eventually

Votes: 50 10.3%
  • Only if Southgate leaves/gets sacked

Votes: 169 34.8%
  • No, he's not good enough

Votes: 35 7.2%

• Total voters

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Do you honestly think Southgate’s Palace connection is the reason for Dunks omission from the squad ?
Southgate grew up in Sussex , so maybe has a soft spot for you :thumbsup:

Southgate has not been once to watch us at home in the three years we've been in the top league.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Southgate is heading down the same road as previous England managers in having favourites. It's lazy & a sign of his weakness as a manager. He started off ok but is quickly going down in my estimation.

Eric Dier, Keane & Winks in the squad is a joke. Really feel for Dunk, there's no more he can do other than move to a bigger club.

It's also a complete farce that Grealish still can't get in that squad. As much as I dislike him there's no doubting his talent.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Not unless we get a decent manager.

Southgate is a clueless tit, Another useless Sven picking his favourites or from clubs he likes.

Picking a bang out of form CB with court cases for violence and bribery hanging over him? The guy is completely out of touch.

How on earth can anyone pick Eric Dier and never kicked a ball in the prem Kalvin Phillips over Villa captain, Jack Grealish for midfield?

I really am starting to believe its the palace thing. 100% we never win anything with this watered down flavourless buffoon running the national team.

He's only there because he's become an FA suit, was shite before at Boro and only got the job because he's an arse licking yes man.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Southgate is a clueless tit, Another useless Sven picking his favourites or from clubs he likes.

Picking a bang out of form CB with court cases for violence and bribery hanging over him? The guy is completely out of touch.

How on earth can anyone pick Eric Dier and never kicked a ball in the prem Kalvin Phillips over Villa captain, Jack Grealish for midfield?

I really am starting to believe its the palace thing. 100% we never win anything with this watered down flavourless buffoon running the national team.

He's only there because he's become an FA suit, was shite before at Boro and only got the job because he's an arse licking yes man.

Can’t argue with any of that, both Dunk and Grealish deserve to be in that squad (yes I know Grealish is irritating and dives about but you can’t argue his ability). Again Phillips yes a good player but has been playing the championship, I guess Glenn Murray could look on and feel a bit aggrieved when he was banging in 20-30 goals in that division.

Just another reason to dislike Leeds and their media traveling circus influencing the yes man,
had enough of him now ... #southgateout

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Dier has been picked to play centre back which makes it even more bizarre and infuriating.

Southgate is a yes man that will never upset the apple cart so perfect for the FA. We will never win anything with him in charge.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Palace Southgate won't pick Lewis Dunk or Connor Coady. Both deserve a place in the squad ahead of the likes of Mings(!), Dier and Keane to signal out those three.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Is this just down to his age?

As ludicrous as that is, that’s the only measurement I can find to not include him over the hapless Ming and Keane.

Dreadfully unjust decision today, and with jailbird Maguire called up makes it even more a joke.

Genuinely has effected me.

You’re a great player Dunky, Southgate doesn’t deserve you.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reading twitter etc more and more people wondering why he hasn’t been called up, he’s obviously an older player which goes against Southgate and his younger team
But having players like Keane, Mings, Dier who clearly aren’t as good is baffling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we do well next summer, Southgate might get offered a good club job he can't say no to. LD will still be young enough for a recall.

There is absolutely no way that he will ever get another PL job imo. I’d love him to get the Palace job though, I’d lay a grand on them going down, that’s how confident I am that he’s useless :smile:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I can’t stand Grealish and his diving.

But fully accept that he deserves an England call up.

Aside from our blue-tinted love for LD, this reveals imho that GS really isn’t that good.

Said the same thing earlier.

Lucky World Cup draw, lost to a poor Croatia team - I fully expect his luck to run out over the next 12-18 months.

Likely to be too late for Lewis though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There is absolutely no way that he will ever get another PL job imo. I’d love him to get the Palace job though, I’d lay a grand on them going down, that’s how confident I am that he’s useless :smile:

I think he’d get one, riding on the back of his reputation in blooding young talent and coaching.

But never a CL club, instead there are always yo-yo sacking clubs such as WBA.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think he’d get one, riding on the back of his reputation in blooding young talent and coaching.

But never a CL club, instead there are always yo-yo sacking clubs such as WBA.

Why hasn’t Grealish been picked? I’ve yet to see this coaching talent apparent against anyone but minnows. Most PL managers would completely out think him imo.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Reading twitter etc more and more people wondering why he hasn’t been called up, he’s obviously an older player which goes against Southgate and his younger team
But having players like Keane, Mings, Dier who clearly aren’t as good is baffling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dunk’s just a year older than Keane and two over Mings.

Everton fans on grandoldteam have a very long Michael Keane thread, in the main destroying his footballing efforts and praying for the day that Ancelotti upgrades on him.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
No Grealish fan, but he is def good enough, captain and often dragged Villa to safety on his own. When he was turning out champagne performances in the Championship, a little over 18 months ago. This was quoted from Southgate, now after a starring season this happens at the same time as Kalvin Phillips is promoted, having never kicked a ball in the PL or consistently facing a PL defence.

southgate.jpg

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Maguire withdrawn from the England squad due to Maguire being handed a suspended prison sentence.

Gotta be called up now, surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here