Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will Lewis Dunk ever play for England again?

Will Lewis Dunk play for England again?

• Never while Southgate is in charge

Votes: 231 47.6%
  • Yes, Southgate will pick him eventually

Votes: 50 10.3%
  • Only if Southgate leaves/gets sacked

Votes: 169 34.8%
  • No, he's not good enough

Votes: 35 7.2%

• Total voters

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don’t necessarily think Dunk justifies an England call up just now.

But there’s no way in the world Mings should be anywhere near an England squad, ever.

The brainless donkey will likely get 50 caps. Based on what? He has a bit of pace and stood up to racists in the Balkans.

0 out of 10 for:
Positional sense.
A key mistake or more per EPL game.
Losing the person he’s marking / ball watching.
He can’t pass to save his life.

Villa are shipping bucketloads of goals.

Southgate’s astonishing blindspot.

You need to clear some space in your pm box :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
More to this than meets the eye.

Southgate called him up, played him and Dunk performed well against the USA.

I’m certain Southgate saw something during that training camp he didn’t like in Dunk.

Be that his general attitude (improbable), or his attitude to training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon it’s to do with squad harmony. Noises that he and Kane have a bit of beef - remember Kane grabbing his cock and then squaring up because Dunk was pocketing him in the 3-0?

According to the Athletic Southgate meets with senior pros (Kane, Henderson, etc) to discuss who gets on with who and make sure the squad is a happy one. You can see Dunk’s face not fitting in that case.

Really sad but I have to believe it’s something along these lines. It can’t be for footballing reasons that he’s had ONE pitiful England cap.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Wasn't Dunk around the England U21 squad when Southgate was managing them? And Solly. Might be some history there.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wasn't Dunk around the England U21 squad when Southgate was managing them? And Solly. Might be some history there.

Yes. I don’t think any of this is really as ‘deep’ are people thinking

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
He told Sky Sports: “I think he (Dunk) is a wonderful, wonderful player.

You're not the only one Mr Ince.
That's two of us.
Listening to Radio 5 after the semi-final, can't remember who the hosts were but the Dunk love-in was strong. Same on TV before the game against Stoke in the cup where Merson and others were all saying Dunk is incredible and at any other club he'd be first choice for England but being at a "small club" is overlooked. Crazy.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He’s also being talked about by the pundits, such as Ince and Redknapp last night. That kind of pressure becomes hard to ignore as well.
If there is noise behind him, it will have subsided before the next squad is named half way through June and there will be very little fuss when Southgate once again picks Stones, Maguire, Dier & Guehi. We all know that it should be Stones, Dunk, Tomori and then probably Colwill, but we know just as well that Southgate's never going to change a view that he fixed some time ago. He'd rather play Shaw, or Walker out of position than pick Dunk. Ironic that ten Hag is doing the former to avoid having to pick Maguire for Man Utd.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
No, he won’t play regardless of who’s in charge. I think part of England’s failure at tournaments is that no matter who is in charge most of the players come from the ‘big 6’. Other nations are more open to playing players outside of the big clubs and more open to picking players on form.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
No, he won’t play regardless of who’s in charge. I think part of England’s failure at tournaments is that no matter who is in charge most of the players come from the ‘big 6’. Other nations are more open to playing players outside of the big clubs and more open to picking players on form.
this with bells on….

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here