Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] David Button to West Brom

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Rumour has it that he was a bit of a stud but even if he does play fasten and loose, it shouldn't affect our opinion of him. He is well rounded and we shouldn't be picking holes in him for the purpose of this thread. I hope he can tie up a deal and his career mushrooms from here.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It must be time for Walton to now be either in our squad or sold. He has been out on loan for what seems like a decade! If he hasn't got to the required level to be second to Matty by now is he likely to? He has performed really well in all his loans and there has been plenty of requests to buy from those clubs I believe. At what point does he say better to be a first choice Championship goal keeper than a third choice (if that) PL one. With Button moving, would Steele expect to be second choice keeper , with Walton third or the other way round? ? Either way whoever ends up as third choice wont be happy, and Walton must feel his time has come at Brighton by now.

I would not be at all surprised to see Walton displace Ryan, he has the quality.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Average Championship keeper to replace Australian International keeper. Hmm, I'd certainly be surprised.

"Australian international keeper" really says very little as they have plenty of international footballlers who wouldnt get a minute of play in the PL or even the Championship.

That said I agree the average Championship keeper is very unlikely to replace the pretty good PL keeper.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I still think we'll get another keeper in to challenge Ryan. Just a hunch.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I’d be pretty surprised.

For all the hype and grandeur surrounding Walton he is still a considerable distance from the level of Ryan.

Made a number of errors for Blackburn and Wigan in the Champ.

Ryan has not been without errors, not coming for balls he should have and vice versa. For me, I look at a number of the goals Ryan has let in recently and think, "Walton would have got to that". I think Potter will give him a fair chance and I think he is capable of taking it.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ryan has not been without errors, not coming for balls he should have and vice versa. For me, I look at a number of the goals Ryan has let in recently and think, "Walton would have got to that". I think Potter will give him a fair chance and I think he is capable of taking it.

Yeh, I think Walton has to convince GP that he can securely play a pass into midfield or out to the touchline, I think it's less about whether he'll make errors or not

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Ryan has made mistakes correct.

But far less mistakes than Walton, in a far higher standard.

The days of Walton getting rave reviews whilst on loan are over and Blackburn have certainly not been raving about him.

This was the review of his season by the local paper

The on-loan goalkeeper improved at the turn of the year as Rovers conceded six in nine matches, but Walton's weaknesses were exposed following the recommencement of the campaign and his hesitancy, positioning and organisation came under scrutiny following mistakes against Bristol City, Wigan Athletic and Cardiff City - 5

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good. Very ordinary, not as good as his predecessors IMO.

Impressive we may get a fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Ryan has made mistakes correct.

But far less mistakes than Walton, in a far higher standard.

The days of Walton getting rave reviews whilst on loan are over and Blackburn have certainly not been raving about him.

This was the review of his season by the local paper

The on-loan goalkeeper improved at the turn of the year as Rovers conceded six in nine matches, but Walton's weaknesses were exposed following the recommencement of the campaign and his hesitancy, positioning and organisation came under scrutiny following mistakes against Bristol City, Wigan Athletic and Cardiff City - 5

This is why I don't understand the constant harping on about Walton on here. Admittedly l haven't seen him often, mainly for England and a decent performance against Spurs, but he's never convinced me at all. Seems a very nervy keeper. I hope I'm wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here