Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolás González

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don’t agree - think that’s pretty close - meet somewhere in middle or add a number of clauses in. If that’s all true of course. I did find it odd he came over to England in a pandemic to see Alexis so did always think there was something in this one - fingers crossed. I think he scored from the half way line in a friendly last summer so in my book, he’d good :lol:
Yeah it's in the highlights reel in #275.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Don’t agree - think that’s pretty close - meet somewhere in middle or add a number of clauses in. If that’s all true of course. I did find it odd he came over to England in a pandemic to see Alexis so did always think there was something in this one - fingers crossed. I think he scored from the half way line in a friendly last summer so in my book, he’d good :lol:

I like the cut of this fella's jib. I'd ship Izzy, Ali-J and Tau to give this lad a space in our squad. I think becaue he has an eye for goal an is left footed, he would be worth it. He'd also clearly like to link up with his old mucker, The Mac.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Would be happy with this one, or most of the other 3 or 4 strikers linked with recently. Important thing for me is to get one of them in early and then shut up shop and hold onto our own.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
So is this guy Izquierdo's replacement or an indication that Welbeck aint hanging around?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Like this player a lot, big risk spending £20m on a fast player who has been injured for a few months with hamstring injuries. Can we keep him off the treatment table. (That's if we are interested and beat the others)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Gonzalez would be an incredible signing.

Our chances seem bleak sadly. This appears to be a long term courting as it looks like we were making an effort last summer as well to no joy. You’d hope his mate Alexis would put in a good word for us at least.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not really. The new DoF I imagine has been chatting about signings for months.

I clearly know nothing about things like this but I’d have thought, with top players likely to be sold, that a new manager would want some say in the incoming players. Maybe it doesn’t work like that at this level :shrug:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So is this guy Izquierdo's replacement or an indication that Welbeck aint hanging around?
Plays on the wing and as a CF.

I think the only implication of Welbeck going/staying is whether or not Zeqiri goes out on loan.

Andone, Maupay, Welbeck/Zeqiri + 1 new striker.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1403682194497970179[/tweet]

FI20006.jpg

It's a tough jersey to turn down.
I guess we should be grateful it's Florentina and not Sampdoria.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Thought Italian clubs were skint? Or is it just Inter?

I think the agent has had a ring round to push the price up for EPL teams to be honest. Seems it’s between us and Spuds if he comes to the UK, I’d have thought the London team would be after a more accomplished player but there you go.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I think the agent has had a ring round to push the price up for EPL teams to be honest. Seems it’s between us and Spuds if he comes to the UK, I’d have thought the London team would be after a more accomplished player but there you go.

I think Spurs are a bit of an unknown at the moment, i understand the new DOF is supposedly in charge of all footballing matters, that probably does include signings, however there is absolutely no point signing someone if your new head coach/ manager doesn't rate him, so i wouldn't expect them to sign anyone until they sort out that position first.

I dont really doubt the interest though, might be a case of Brighton needing to get this done sooner rather than later, before Spurs are in that position.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Does anyone here know much about Gonzalez / watch him play?

All I really know is he looks alright (hard to say based on a few video highlights), he's been injured recently at Stuttgart, but was featured in the first eleven for Argentina's recent World Cup Qualifier against Columbia.

The main reason I've been somewhat intrigued by Gonzalez is because he appears to be good friends Mac Allister. I'm a big fan of Mac Allister and think he's going to be immense for us in the near future. Be great if the two of them can bring out the best in each other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here