Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] CL / EL etc

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Wonder if Messi has Bielsa on speed-dial - could do with some divine words of wisdom at half time

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Bielsa must be moonlighting in Bayern. Explains why he hasn't signed his Leeds passport to glory yet.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Did I say 7-4? This could end up 8 or 9-1.

There are real problems behind the scenes at Barca though. It’s not a surprise Messi’s considering his options and Xavi doesn’t want to be the coach when he could be the next Pep.

If this ends in a real battering then hopefully the pressure will be unbearable on Bartomeu, the president who saw six directors resign this year.

On a side note I’m surprised this is the first thread on the CL. I’ve watched every minute. Wednesday’s game had plenty of drama, though last nights, between Germany’s answer to MK and cynical Atleti was rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
5 goals but no stoppage time?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
messi was walking, yes walking around in midfield whilst bayern annihilated barca. I always said he was a waste of space. There is a serious somethingorother going on there. I would say they're toothless, but they'll never be that with suarez in the side!:D

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Did I say 7-4? This could end up 8 or 9-1.

There are real problems behind the scenes at Barca though. It’s not a surprise Messi’s considering his options and Xavi doesn’t want to be the coach when he could be the next Pep.

If this ends in a real battering then hopefully the pressure will be unbearable on Bartomeu, the president who saw six directors resign this year.

On a side note I’m surprised this is the first thread on the CL. I’ve watched every minute. Wednesday’s game had plenty of drama, though last nights, between Germany’s answer to MK and cynical Atleti was rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messi won’t go anywhere, he cant exactly sign for another Spanish club and England and Germany are too far outside of his safe little comfort zone, which leaves the unlikely step down of Boca or River Plate.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
messi was walking, yes walking around in midfield whilst bayern annihilated barca. I always said he was a waste of space. There is a serious somethingorother going on there. I would say they're toothless, but they'll never be that with suarez in the side!:D

Hasn't Messi just bought a luxury apartment opposite the Inter Milan training ground? Looks like he may be off.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Messi won’t go anywhere, he cant exactly sign for another Spanish club and England and Germany are too far outside of his safe little comfort zone, which leaves the unlikely step down of Boca or River Plate.

With most players being a one club player seems to be admired (Giggs etc at Man Utd) but for some reason it’s used as a reason to criticise Messi. I don’t get it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Imagine if Bielsa got the Barca job after Messi said he wanted him. Leeds could lose their best player and "world class manager" for nothing before the season even begins!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

You were the same guy who said La Liga is just a few top teams and a bunch of Championship level sides right?

Gotta love the classic "no one can play football outside the UK" mentality. Same one that made Roy Hodgson not scout Iceland.

Its fun how football reflects a nations attitude and history. The Italian furbo. The Dutch utilisation of small spaces. The British superiorty complex of the old Empire that would never fail or even be contested.. and then fell due to that hubris...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Barca on the European stage have been poor for several seasons, the defence never the same since Alvez-Pique-Puyol-Alba were broken up. Not just Liverpool and Bayern who have given them hidings, PSG did too a first leg 2 or 3 years ago.

My Bayern winner’s bet is looking promising.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
2-7

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ha Ha

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Almost as entertaining as when we beat York 7-2 in 1976.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Shambolic from Barca, but take nothing whatsoever away from an absolutely stunning Bayern performance.

Bielsa to Barca? ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here