Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Possible return of fans for some Pre-Season games? (Times article)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
HTML:

You just have to look at the stats from Sweden to know the answer to your first point is yes.

View attachment 127138

As for the tinfoil crack, wearing a surgical mask in Tesco and thinking it’ll have any effect against a virus is about the same as wearing a tinfoil hat to protect yourself from space rays.

View attachment 127140

Sweden has a massively different demographic to us.

See other posts re your comment about surgical masks.

If you don't think it is about public health then what is is about?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Except the hospitals never have been full, even at the height of the ‘pandemic’. That’s why all those nurses had time to practice and record all those lovely Tik ToK videos.

The reason we’ve had a lockdown is because of a faulty model, there’s no evidence the lockdown has saved anyone, but as I said before, it looks like the lockdown will kill far more in the long run. Think I saw another thread on here saying that the excess deaths in March and April were actually down on previous years. 28,000 died of flu in 1 month a couple of years ago more than what Covid did), yet didn’t see the mass panic and full hospitals then.

With a post like this, I can only assume that you are the other person who believes Trump's slides other than Trump himself.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
With a post like this, I can only assume that you are the other person who believes Trump's slides other than Trump himself.
But he's right on everything except death rate during peak months. Which is now lower than last years figure. And abnormal March to May non covid deaths were higher than average too as a result of lack down. fact. Why does trump come into it? Its pretty obvious the long term effect of the cure is going to be much worse for society long term.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Sweden has a massively different demographic to us.

See other posts re your comment about surgical masks.

If you don't think it is about public health then what is is about?
Ha the Sweden demographic twaddle gets trotted out whenever it makes out policy look obviously foolish.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Absolutely incredible thread. Was genuinely intrigued by the attitude towards 'back to football' which is why I'm considering signing up to the club Q and A next week. Personally I'm not interested in going back until I'm convinced the Amex might be fun again, whenever that is. Might be October 2020 might be August 2021, who knows.

But what is absolutely incredible in this thread is the amount of people who don't appear to give a toss because the amount of people dying in hospital is going down. Wow. We have no idea what the long term implications are of this virus are, but because it's not killing or hospitalising as many people as 3 month ago people are prepared to risk getting it and passing on to others and justify that by mumbling some unsubstantiated drivel about it being bad for mental health?

It is little wonder the country appears to be ****ed with that attitude. I'm alright jack (for 14 days anyway)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Yep let's decimate life as we knew it for a disease that barely kills anyone under 80 who wasn't severely ill anyway.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
HTML:

You just have to look at the stats from Sweden to know the answer to your first point is yes.

View attachment 127138

As for the tinfoil crack, wearing a surgical mask in Tesco and thinking it’ll have any effect against a virus is about the same as wearing a tinfoil hat to protect yourself from space rays.

View attachment 127140

But Sweden have better life expectancy, higher levels of health care and lower levels of obesity, over crowding, poverty, chronic disease etc.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Nice pics, but you have dramatically missed the point, wearing a mask isn’t to protect you from others, but more others from YOU!

But masks don’t do that. And if they did, why am I responsible for other people’s health? Will you be wearing a mask every flu season (January to April) just on the off chance? Should we shut pubs and cinemas and ban all spectator sports during those months from now on?

There are currently more NHS hospital in England than there are Covid patients in them. For this we’ve trashed our economy, which will lead to health issues, and then there’s the ticking time bomb of undiagnosed and untreated cancer. And then there’s the mental health aspect too.

Quarantining the sick is one thing; quarantining the healthy is tyranny.

And if you want a sneak preview of what our lovely government has in store for us, have a look at what’s going on in Victoria, Australia right now.

Still, one interesting affect of C19:this winter down under is that flu has mysteriously vanished. Funny that, isn’t it?

4B5DE083-1565-4BD7-A99C-6559AD04D68B.jpeg

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Lol..this thread is going exactly the way the project restart thread did ..might as well copy and paste it...in the red corner ...and in the green corner ....

Last edited:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Absolutely incredible thread. Was genuinely intrigued by the attitude towards 'back to football' which is why I'm considering signing up to the club Q and A next week. Personally I'm not interested in going back until I'm convinced the Amex might be fun again, whenever that is. Might be October 2020 might be August 2021, who knows.

But what is absolutely incredible in this thread is the amount of people who don't appear to give a toss because the amount of people dying in hospital is going down. Wow. We have no idea what the long term implications are of this virus are, but because it's not killing or hospitalising as many people as 3 month ago people are prepared to risk getting it and passing on to others and justify that by mumbling some unsubstantiated drivel about it being bad for mental health?

It is little wonder the country appears to be ****ed with that attitude. I'm alright jack (for 14 days anyway)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

We were told the lockdown was to flatten the curve. The curve is completely flat (and there’s a big question mark against the death figures as they are. Died with is not the same as died from.)

The narrative now seems to be no normality until people stop dying of anything.

Oh and notice how the media and politicians now talk of coronavirus not Covid-19 (the common cold is a coronavirus) and of infections instead of hospitalisation sand deaths.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
But masks don’t do that. And if they did, why am I responsible for other people’s health? Will you be wearing a mask every flu season (January to April) just on the off chance? Should we shut pubs and cinemas and ban all spectator sports during those months from now on?

There are currently more NHS hospital in England than there are Covid patients in them. For this we’ve trashed our economy, which will lead to health issues, and then there’s the ticking time bomb of undiagnosed and untreated cancer. And then there’s the mental health aspect too.

And if you want a sneak preview of what our lovely government has in store for us, have a look at what’s going on in Victoria, Australia right now.

Still, one interesting affect of C19:this winter down under is that flu has mysteriously vanished. Funny that, isn’t it?

View attachment 127151

What a sad post. "Why am responsible for other peoples health." Because you have responsibilities as a member of the community thats why!

Nothing mysterious about flu disappering it often does. As for the Swedish model if its so good ignoring the UK why has no other country followed it? Even their fellow Scandanavians dont like it. I guess the closest to itbby accident not design is the USA and what a success that is!

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
What a sad post. "Why am responsible for other peoples health." Because you have responsibilities as a member of the community thats why!

Nothing mysterious about flu disappering it often does. As for the Swedish model if its so good ignoring the UK why has no other country followed it? Even their fellow Scandanavians dont like it. I guess the closest to itbby accident not design is the USA and what a success that is!

But where does my duty of care to other people end? Should everyone be banned from driving in case they hit somebody? I’m perfectly healthy yet, along with everyone else, has been treated as a biohazard this year and that’s insane.

If this was an actual pandemic, everyone would know someone who’d died of Covid and the hospitals would be full. That’s not the case though, is it? In fact, if it wasn’t for the masks and the constant media coverage, would anyone even know about this?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

View attachment 127151

So you are happy to quarantine at least 3 million people (5% of the population), as this is the minimum number. And what do you mean by quarantine? Lock up? What about their mental health, or does that not matter as they are ill and going to die sometime in the next couple of years anyway.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
So you are happy to quarantine at least 3 million people (5% of the population), as this is the minimum number. And what do you mean by quarantine? Lock up? What about their mental health, or does that not matter as they are ill and going to die sometime in the next couple of years anyway.

I think it should be a free choice. I wouldn’t lock anyone up.

I’d offer the vulnerable free supplies of hydroxychloroquine and zinc, which has been proven to be an excellent palliative and cure.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/richardursomd/status/1294438462423273473?s=21[/tweet]

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think it should be a free choice. I wouldn’t lock anyone up.

I’d offer the vulnerable free supplies of hydroxychloroquine and zinc, which has been proven to be an excellent palliative and cure.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/richardursomd/status/1294438462423273473?s=21[/tweet]

Ok, free choice, but your free choice is to allow 3 million people to contract the virus - then treat them! If they don't die first...

You are Dominic Cummings and I claim my £5

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
No, they're the selfish ***** who care about no-one but themselves!

Nearly everyone who gets this disease will brush it off.

There’s an existing drug that can used to treat those who are old with co-morbities who would be more seriously affected.

Those who died would’ve been just as vulnerable to other viruses. People at the end of their lives are killed by the likes of the flu and pneumonia.

What you’re saying is just hysterical nonsense. Do you routinely wear a mask each flu season? If you don’t, does that make you a selfish four asterisks?

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Ok, free choice, but your free choice is to allow 3 million people to contract the virus - then treat them! If they don't die first...

You are Dominic Cummings and I claim my £5

You’re the one that believes everything the Tory government tells you.

And three million dying? :rolleyes:

Were you one of these people that said that if people had VE Day celebrations then there’d be a second wave? Or if they went to the beach? Or if they went to a protest in London? If so, get someone to explain this to you.

E7E74D08-9B27-4A24-B57C-605EB08314FE.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here