Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Darwin Núñez

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm struggling to believe he didn't cast an eye over our game, before jogging out to yet another 'practice' match, and not have even a thought on how he might have affected the game.

Probably being treated like a super hero in Lisbon playing for a prestigious club
Enjoying his mansion in sunny 28c weather.

I reckon he will cope

Frustrating thing is we prob would of won saturday with a top striker

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He’s been on fire there. Fair play to our recruitment team in one way, opportunity missed on the other hand. But we will never know the ins and outs so no point guessing!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wouldn’t surprise me if it was all planned out

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He’s been on fire there. Fair play to our recruitment team in one way, opportunity missed on the other hand. But we will never know the ins and outs so no point guessing!

One goal in the league so far and the worst goal convertion rate in the league (5%).

He looks exciting but dont know about "on fire".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wouldn’t surprise me if it was all planned out

If IF City were also flirting with him, they would have made it clear to the player and agent if he wanted to join them down the road, joining the Albion first would then make that virtually impossible.

That said I'll hazard a guess if IF City had such a conversation with Nunez they've had that conversation a hundred times over with a hundred similar players.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I mentioned a link in one these threads a while ago, BARCELONA are also keeping tabs on Nunez.

So on the one hand, yes, gutted we missed out, but, it does give a lot of credit to the recruitment team for spotting very top level talent.

Let’s hope we can seal the deal next time.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
One goal in the league so far and the worst goal convertion rate in the league (5%).

He looks exciting but dont know about "on fire".

Think I was basing it on a disallowed goal I saw on my flash score and international scoring!? Admittedly I didn’t realise he’d only scored one in the league I just occasionally click on Benfica or Uruguay and he seems to often score or assist.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Think I was basing it on a disallowed goal I saw on my flash score and international scoring!? Admittedly I didn’t realise he’d only scored one in the league I just occasionally click on Benfica or Uruguay and he seems to often score or assist.

There's also the 5 assists in 7 league games.
4 goals and 1 assist in Europa League.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Well tbf I didnt mention his bag of assists or that you need to watch only five minutes of a Benfica to see that he is excellent and going to end up in a really big club... efficency so far is pretty much his only downside.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
By all accounts he is destined to be a star but Darwin has still only managed 3 goals in his 15 starts in the Portuguese league thus far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here