Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Kent CCC v Sussex CCC, Bob Willis Trophy, 8-11 August 2020, Canterbury***

Jul 7, 2003
Quoting myself here, but I not that 70 year Mr Stevens has, once agin, made complete twats of the Sussex batting line-up with yet another 5 wicket haul - how he must relish playing minor counties like Sussex.

As soon as I saw the scorecard this evening, I thought of your your post and made a mental note of "well bowled Sir"

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Gillespie has clearly nailed his colours to the mast this season. This us a development opportunity and the players afforded the opportunity must take it. We're without van Zyl, Wiese, Head, Archer, Jordan, Robinson. Seems clear Gillespie has decided that Wells, Beer, Briggs offer little on CC, he's let Bopara focus on white ball and thinks Evans also is a one day player.

From this match, it's disappointing how toothless Garton and Meaker were.

I remain sceptical of Gillespie but Covid has afforded him the luxury of a development year. In 2021, promotion is the minimum standard.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
As soon as I saw the scorecard this evening, I thought of your your post and made a mental note of "well bowled Sir"

As soon as I saw the scorecard this evening...I thought of.....Dexter...Parks...Snow...Greig...Miandad...Wessels...Parker...Imran...Le Roux..Wells...Goodwin.....and I started crying.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Gillespie has clearly nailed his colours to the mast this season. This us a development opportunity and the players afforded the opportunity must take it. We're without van Zyl, Wiese, Head, Archer, Jordan, Robinson. Seems clear Gillespie has decided that Wells, Beer, Briggs offer little on CC, he's let Bopara focus on white ball and thinks Evans also is a one day player.

From this match, it's disappointing how toothless Garton and Meaker were.

I remain sceptical of Gillespie but Covid has afforded him the luxury of a development year. In 2021, promotion is the minimum standard.

Meaker hasn't played any cricket for two years - I think he can be cut a bit of slack.

Garton was called up as an emergency replacement to the full England team just a few years ago - he's regressed badly as they've concentrated on his batting.

People shouldn't use the lack of overseas players as an excuse. Other counties are missing players too (as I pointed out earlier, Surrey are missing 12!)

This defeat was poor selection by Gillespie. Canterbury is always a good batting wicket: he should have looked at our attack and said "We have no hope of bowling this team out twice so let's make sure our batting isn't weak." I'd have picked Wells, Thomason and Beer and dropped Meaker (who was always going to struggle), Crocombe and Carson from the team.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Paul Downton was England’s 52nd test wicket keeper.
Ollie Pope, the most recent, was the 68th.

How many of those in between can you all collectively name?

ONE PER POST

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

How many of those in between can you name ?

Matt Prior

(one per post?)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Tim Ambrose

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I’m guessing now it’s batsman who have been used to replace injured wicket keepers.

Pretty sure Trescothick & Collingwood have taken the gloves but not sure if that counts as they may not have started the match as a keeper.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

How many of those in between can you all collectively name?

ONE PER POST

James Foster

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here