Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your Predictions, Let’s be ‘aving you!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
With the caveat that it's early to be making concrete predictions, here goes:

Liverpool and man city battling for the tite will be intriguing. I don't think it's going to 98-100 points to win the league this year, there'll be a slight drop off from Liverpool and an uptick from City. Can't say which will come out on top though. Man United if they get Sancho and some of the other players they've been rumoured to be after will comfortably finish top four with 10-15 more points than they managed this year. Fourth place will be a shoot out between Chelsea and Arsenal(again if they get the players they're rumoured to be after).

I think Wolves will drop a few places next year. They started this season in July 2019, potentially it wont end for another 10 - 14 days. They don't have a big squad and with no rest time I just can't see how they'll manage to maintain the standards they've set the last two years. Spurs will fight hard for 6th, probably pipping Leicester and another mid table team that has a surprisingly good season.

It'll be interesting to see how sheff utd do. Can they repeat the form of last season or are they one season wonders who have been found out?

Down the bottom it's going to be extremely tough for the promoted teams. Usually at least one of them goes down in the first season but with the short turnaround time from this season to next will make it that extra bit harder. I'm sure they'll all get off to a semi decent start due to the adrenaline of promotion but reality will set in soon enough. Leeds look the most capable of surviving.

Unless Villa considerably improve I think they could be for the drop too. They should have gone down this year but the ridiculous no goal decision against Sheff Utd has kept them up. Plus they'll probably be without Grealish and it's not a good position to be in when you're a one man team without that one man.

We'll finish outside the bottom six for the first time and Ruud Gullit will be appreciative of our sexy football.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
1 Man City. Guardiola will surely sort
the defence and obviously 'cough' without cooking the books.

2 Liverpool. Will be harder for them and they had decent luck with injuries this year.

3. Man Utd's first xi look formidable but to mount a league and Champions League title, at the moment, they don't have the squad depth. If they sign Sancho and a DM, poss a CB they may be in with a shout.

Relegated

Depend on transfers. If Villa lose Grealish, they are screwed.

Brighton. Clear signs of progress and finish 13th without ever being in the bottom three.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Man Utd
Liverpool
Man City
Chelsea
Leicester
Wolves
Spurs
Arsenal
Everton
Brighton
Sheff Utd
Southampton
Leeds
Aston Villa
Burnley
West Ham
West Brom
Fulham
Palace
Newcastle

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Always hard for the team winning the play off final as they have less time to get their business done, so I think Fulham will struggle.

I don't see too many goals in the West Brom line-up, while there's a lack of quality at the back.

Villa showed signs of life at the end of the season and with Wesley and McGinn fully fit and Grealish on a new contract they should be fine.

Leeds have Bielsa so i suspect the draw of playing under him will ensure they have enough quality once the window shuts.

I think things aren't looking good for Palace, they 're my third team for the drop.

I think Liverpool look settled and they'll add one or two signings. Citeh will be without David Silva and Sane, while I don't rate Ake. The defence will do for them again, in fact Utd could pip them for second.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Man City
Liverpool
Man Utd
————-
Brighton (14th)
———————————
Newcastle
Fulham
West Brom

Of course squads can change, but I can't see Fulham or West Brom having enough. You need to be smart in the Prem and they aren't ready. I'd love to see Villa and Leeds go down, but Villa will spend more and be OK and I think Leeds will just, just hold on to a place at the top table. I suspect Newcastle will be a basket case again and can't keep making silk purses from sow's ears.

First Managerial casualty:
The Special One

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Too early? The season starts on 12th September that’s just five weeks away. I understand your point about “business” but that has to be condensed into one month when a normal close season period is about three months.

Yes, too early.

Most teams haven’t done any business at all yet. And that will be a very crucial factor to consider when judging if a team is strong enough to stay up or not.

Ie, Leeds signing Ben White or not is rather crucial to their chances.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Yes, too early.

Most teams haven’t done any business at all yet. And that will be a very crucial factor to consider when judging if a team is strong enough to stay up or not.

I thought the general consensus on NSC was that buying players from the Championship was never a good plan. :rolleyes:

el punal

Yes, too early.

Fair enough, but the gist of my post is who at present, regardless of signings or not, would you consider to be up at the top or bottom come the end of the season. Two years ago Fulham spent an absolute wadful of dosh on new players - didn’t do them much good in the end though.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
1 Man City. Guardiola will surely sort
the defence and obviously 'cough' without cooking the books.

2 Liverpool. Will be harder for them and they had decent luck with injuries this year.

3. Man Utd's first xi look formidable but to mount a league and Champions League title, at the moment, they don't have the squad depth. If they sign Sancho and a DM, poss a CB they may be in with a shout.

Relegated

Depend on transfers. If Villa lose Grealish, they are screwed.

Brighton. Clear signs of progress and finish 13th without ever being in the bottom three.

This sounds about right to me.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I still think it will be a long cold winter unless we find somebody who can actually score goals.

If you hang around the bottom six or so long enough, eventually you find yourself hanging round the bottom three.

Mid table mediocrity would be a huge improvement.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes, too early.

This. Won’t be predicting or betting until the day before the season starts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
1. Manchester City
2. Liverpool
3. Manchester United

12. Brighton & Hove Albion

18. Aston Villa
19. Sheffield United
20. Fulham

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I still think it will be a long cold winter unless we find somebody who can actually score goals.

If you hang around the bottom six or so long enough, eventually you find yourself hanging round the bottom three.

Mid table mediocrity would be a huge improvement.

Mid table playing good football, with plenty of home wins, would be brilliant for me.

I never get sucked into the Europa League spots hopes.

Patience.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Top 4 - Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea
Brighton - 12th within 3 points of the top 10
Bottom 3 - West Brom, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here