Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion player's who never reached potential

Jul 27, 2020
Hove
Liam Bridcutt made it all look so easy. Can only remember one mistake he made against West Ham. Didn't cut it under Gus at Sunderland.

Could we be saying this about Dunk in 10 years time? If he isn't picked for England again or doesn't get a chance at a European level I'd say so..

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Joel Lynch ? Just released by Sunderland

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Just about everybody we have acquired since around 2000.

Everyone who played for us between 1995 and 2000 over achieved their potential because we were dire.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The entire squad that went on the piss instead of sealing the Championship title for them and us a few years ago. Idiots.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Conner Goldson

Essentially playing vs. non league opposition now

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I seem to remember that Kevin McGarrigle had a few 'big' teams sniffing around when the broke into our first team/ got games by default because we were a bit rubbish.

There were rumours that he was going to Newcastle, ended up at Blyth Spartans.

Easy mistake - Blyth isn’t far from Newcastle

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
David Gipp.

Used to enjoy watching him play for the reserves and scoring for fun. Looked like a real prospect but for some reason it never happened.

If memory serves me, I think Franco Massimo was the same era. I also remember him playing for the reserves, steaming down the wing. Not sure if he ever started for the first team.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Used to enjoy watching him play for the reserves and scoring for fun. Looked like a real prospect but for some reason it never happened.

If memory serves me, I think Franco Massimo was the same era. I also remember him playing for the reserves, steaming down the wing. Not sure if he ever started for the first team.

There were a few in that youth team that were there or there about. Massimo had one sub appearance for the first team and Gippy had a couple. Trevor Wood the goalie went on to Port Vale and Walsall and a couple of NI caps. Two made it big - Danny Carter who played for Orient for yonks, and best of all was Steve Palmer who Lloyd rejected when he’d finished uni - he went on to be a rock for Ipswich for many years.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Barrie Rees. Wing half in those days (60s) who wasn't with us long but long enough to show we had a potentially great player on our hands. We would never know how good as he was tragically killed in a car accident at a young age.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Richie Towell, not sure I could say he never reached potential but certainly seemed like a waste of time being here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here