Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy - Season Long Loan To Celtic Confirmed

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We've never not known the club to be honourable.

The Duffster has played a massive part in the Albion's current position, putting his body on the line for the club.

If he says he wants to go to WBA, I see no reason for the club to say no.

It's completely different to White, who has been groomed for now.

I'm not so sure about this. WBA would be hugely strengthened by him. I can imagine us not wanting to sell to another PL club at all tbh. I'm all for being honourable but when it comes to PL survival the gloves are off,

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not so sure about this. WBA would be hugely strengthened by him. I can imagine us not wanting to sell to another PL club at all tbh. I'm all for being honourable but when it comes to PL survival the gloves are off,

Yeah on a level I agree but I still think it's a delicate balancing act.

The last thing the club wants is a displaced and disgruntled player lumbering about the squad, just ask Blackburn.

It also doesn't want to give out the message 'work hard for us and then we'll screw you over'.

Finally despite our cautious, not Leeds or Villa fan, approach to the upcoming season, Mr Bloom has clearly had enough of 'relegation tracker' football.

So excited! (Well as excited as I can be. *narrators voice* almost unnoticeable levels of excitement)

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
It's tough but I think we owe it to him to allow him to go to a team of his choice. We can't always be looking over our shoulders fearful of the slightest advantage other bottom 14 teams have. This situation is entirely different to BW and Leeds, he is an established and important part of their first team, who will also strengthen our squad, no way should we let them have him. We are building a really talented squad, it's time to let the old warrior go with our blessing and gratitude. I only hope there will be fans at the Amex to cheer him when he comes on against us for the first time.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It's tough but I think we owe it to him to allow him to go to a team of his choice. We can't always be looking over our shoulders fearful of the slightest advantage other bottom 14 teams have. This situation is entirely different to BW and Leeds, he is an established and important part of their first team, no way should we let them have him. We are building a really talented squad, it's time to let the old warrior go with our blessing and gratitude. I only hope there will be fans at the Amex to cheer him when he comes on against us for the first time.

Agreed......except for one thing. Shane is only 28, not such an old warrior. Must be that hard living:D He is in his prime for a centre back, great player too.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Duffy to West Ham [or West Brom or Celtic]?

I don’t think it’ll be a problem, I’m sure Shane would rather move to Celtic over West Brom anyway.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well West Ham was the team his dad supported so it kind of fits.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I know we’ll never know as it will all be undisclosed but from what I’ve gleaned so far all offers on table are loan with a view to perm.

All the teams quoted play could do with a no holds barred uncompromising old school centre half in his prime and Duffy certainly is that so not really sure what the risk to them is.

£2m upfront and wages covered is ok but ideally I’d want a permanent sale for £10-15m.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I can see that West Ham are the best fit for all. Unlikely to be near the bottom of the league in the coming season, so a better club for Shane, able to give him Premier league wages, and I think that WBA will be in a real scrap this coming season.
Best for us as we get the transfer fee rather than a £2m loan fee. Hopefully for us and Shane this gets done.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Duffy at Celtic would be match made in Heaven.. Surely he'd take a paycut to play for his boyhood club and arguably be the best player in that league. Plus Goldson & Balogun at rangers we could bin the "Old Firm" title and call it the "really good ex Brighton defenders derby" Personally feel like if we sold him to either West Brom or West Ham it could come back to bite us.. He's perfectly suited to how both those teams play. I still think he's our best defender in the air although Webster and Dunk are also both pretty good.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All the funnier if we sell Duffy to "a relegation rival" but hold firm on White.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I can see that West Ham are the best fit for all. Unlikely to be near the bottom of the league in the coming season, so a better club for Shane, able to give him Premier league wages, and I think that WBA will be in a real scrap this coming season.
Best for us as we get the transfer fee rather than a £2m loan fee. Hopefully for us and Shane this gets done.

Would be good for them but they are a mid-table rival.. I'd prefer him to go to Celtic but seems they have wasted all their money on God knows what

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Duffy to West Ham [or West Brom or Celtic]?

I’d still rather he went to Celtic too.

West Ham are likely to be a rival, whether that’s in relegation or mid table. Shane is still a really good CB so I don’t want to strengthen a rival or have him play against us.

Come on Celtic don’t be tight. He’ll be ridiculous in the SPL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here