Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy - Season Long Loan To Celtic Confirmed

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
And in a decade that has seen the likes of Kemy Agustien and Jurgen Locadia, that's quite a claim.

Quite, and it was only 8 years ago since we witnessed the zero goals scored by Barndoor Billy Paynter.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Duffy to West Ham [or West Brom or Celtic]?

Sounds like the Knockeart deal.

An agreement to purchase at the end of the loan.

Makes sense for all. A great signing for Celtic though.. one of our outstanding PL defenders no question. He will be utterly immense in that league.

Delighted for Shane as well. A good move for him, chance of a trophy.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I fancy Shane Duffy will find the lure of European football and being a key part of the '10 in a row' side very tempting indeed, and being an Irish international playing for Celtic does your global reputation no harm whatsoever.

He's not going to get a Top 6 Prem side here and he's done well financially so Celtic is a no-brainer.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
A season loan might work out for us. We save money on wages, and as it seems get a £2million loan fee, and next summer we reassess. It might be that next summer we face the same battle to keep hold of Dunk and White, and so being able to bring Duffy back in is needed.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I think Celtic have got the better deal if you ask me. We probably save another £2m on his wages (assuming Celtic are picking that up), but would've preferred a permanent transfer of he's not in Potters long term plan.

We can always sell next year, or if we get relegated have him come back and be a top championship player.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think a £2m loan fee for a season would be terrible business for us. But I thought, and said, that about the deal to sign Dan Burn.

I'm perfectly happy to accept than Dan Ashworth knows a lot more about this than I do!

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
A season loan might work out for us. We save money on wages, and as it seems get a £2million loan fee, and next summer we reassess. It might be that next summer we face the same battle to keep hold of Dunk and White, and so being able to bring Duffy back in is needed.

I’d be extremely surprised if Duffy plays for us again. He’s just not a Potter type defender but when he leaves it will be my with huge thanks and best wishes for the future. What a signing he was. Dunk and Duffy will ever be synonymous with that rock solid defence which helped take us up from the Championship and then kept us in the Premier League under Hughton.
He’d be adored at Celtic and if he ends up there I wish him well.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Naylor has said we retain interest in Edouard, if a Duffy deal puts us at the front of the queue for his services, all the better.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would think we aren’t keen to strengthen a relegation rival as with White/Leeds.

Precisely my thoughts.

I think Celtic know that hence the relatively low loan fees being bandied about.
We've never not known the club to be honourable.

The Duffster has played a massive part in the Albion's current position, putting his body on the line for the club.

If he says he wants to go to WBA, I see no reason for the club to say no.

It's completely different to White, who has been groomed for now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here