• No thanks

Votes: 83 55.3%
  • Yes please

Votes: 67 44.7%

• Total voters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Despite a 35 year ban on drinking alcohol in view of the pitch it may be possible under new thinking to avoid concourse congestion as the season re-starts. Now I'm all in favour of a seated pint but can you imagine the binfest if it's not table (seat) service in the 1901!

Judging by the level of SPILLAGE at previous pre-season friendlies, and at the one-off Amex egg-chasing, seems to be a very high percentage of BENNIES that can't be relied on to keep control of their pint.

It's a firm no from me Jeff

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Works perfectly well with every other sport and with football in most other countries so I really can't see the problem. People are just conditioned to the nonsense situation we've had forced on us for decades.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Judging by the level of SPILLAGE at previous pre-season friendlies, and at the one-off Amex egg-chasing, seems to be a very high percentage of BENNIES that can't be relied on to keep control of their pint.

It's a firm no from me Jeff

'Stills' getting mentioned in a few threads nowadays. :salute:

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
The football ground is a very different place to what it was 30 odd years ago. I think it's worth a season trial and if knobs start getting out of hand, just ban it again.

Personally, I love watching live sport with a beer.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Dont mind people drinking in their seat, but I would be very annoyed if I got a good soaking after every goal.

Eh - getting soaked with beer at football is a right of passage. Not being able to do it in the stands is a tragedy. If one good thing can come out of this whole Covid mess then let it be beers on the terrace. Can't wait to 'accidentally' soak loads of bods around me in the WSU.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Eh - getting soaked with beer at football is a right of passage. Not being able to do it in the stands is a tragedy. If one good thing can come out of this whole Covid mess then let it be beers on the terrace. Can't wait to 'accidentally' soak loads of bods around me in the WSU.

Fair enough, but would take about ten minutes before some Canute in the WSU lobbed / spilled one into the WSL. Who needs that shit? :shrug:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Having been to world cups where you can drink during the game it is a NO for me. With the bars still open it is a nightmare but even for those going to the toilet it is a constant stream of people getting up and walking to the concourse for another drink / toilet / whatever

Exactly, plus the increase of total idiots chucking things at your head.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Works perfectly well with every other sport and with football in most other countries so I really can't see the problem. People are just conditioned to the nonsense situation we've had forced on us for decades.

Completely disagree.

As others have already said, it just means a constant flow of people trying to get past you throughout the game.

It's allowed in the States and it really does get very annoying - not to say messy when there's a goal....

I like a drink, but I can go 45 minutes without one, so it's a no from me.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The bars should be shut during play but you should be able to take your pre-match/HT pint to your seat and finish it in timely fashion. No-one wants people popping to the bar every five minutes, but I see no reason why you cannot finish the drink you spent 15 minutes queuing for at half-time. You should also be able to take them to your seat post match too if you wish.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Works perfectly well with every other sport .

Can I ask how many times you've been to watch England play rugby at Twickenham?

Twickenham is actually thinking of closing the bars whilst play is going on as so many people have complained that their enjoyment of the game is being ruined by guys spending the whole game trying to get past to buy beer.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Twickenham is actually thinking of closing the bars whilst play is going on as so many people have complained that their enjoyment of the game is being ruined by guys spending the whole game trying to get past to buy beer.

This is because rugby is terribly boring.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It’s a no from me.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
The bars should be shut during play but you should be able to take your pre-match/HT pint to your seat and finish it in timely fashion. No-one wants people popping to the bar every five minutes, but I see no reason why you cannot finish the drink you spent 15 minutes queuing for at half-time. You should also be able to take them to your seat post match too if you wish.

This

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This is because rugby is terribly boring.

Yup. I think the ONLY way I could get through 80 minutes of rugby would be if I was completely hammered and trying to set fire to my own trousers.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
The football ground is a very different place to what it was 30 odd years ago. I think it's worth a season trial and if knobs start getting out of hand, just ban it again.

Personally, I love watching live sport with a beer.

Quite right, knobs should be kept firmly in hand at all times

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Never. Because rugby is shithouse and if I did go I'd probably just stay in the bar and hope there was some decent sport on the tv, or a freshly painted wall I could stare at.

Watched loads of cricket matches though and it's never been an issue. Plus watched football abroad, likewise, no problem with people having a drink. You can even get a beer at the basketball FFS.

Once the ban is eventually lifted, these times will seem archaic and nonsensical.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here