Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I concur.
He wants out, and it’s best for all if he moves on, but there’s no bids on the table.
I can’t knock Wilf, he has given his all for the club ( last season aside) and he needs to play at a higher level than us to really prove his ability.
Zaha wants to win trophy’s, I don’t think Dunk is too bothered.

That’s what my palace supporting acquaintance says. Rumours of a possible move to France despite his desire to stay in London. What seems clear is the transfer fee will be much reduced than the figures being bandied around last year.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
That’s what my palace supporting acquaintance says. Rumours of a possible move to France despite his desire to stay in London. What seems clear is the transfer fee will be much reduced than the figures being bandied around last year.

Yep

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
They were interested.... I know for a FACT!

I know for a fact they were interested - do you, how?

I know they weren't interested for a fact? - do you, how?

Four different Chelsea supporters of mine earlier this week whatsapped me to see they were stealing Dunk from us... does that count as a fact?

I don't think so.

Move on guys!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
If we have to talk about Dibley on this thread, it is probably right to concede that nobody really knows actual desires and what may or may not have been agreed beyond the basic announcement.

That said, I'm pretty confident that there was no copy of Beaky's verbal only 'promise' (with his fingers crossed behind his back) to Dibley that he could go if he gave another year. Dunk's contract will be fuller in that regard.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Lewis Dunk is the heart and soul of this team.

Glad he’s on board.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I concur.
He wants out, and it’s best for all if he moves on, but there’s no bids on the table.
I can’t knock Wilf, he has given his all for the club ( last season aside) and he needs to play at a higher level than us to really prove his ability.

Not much noise around it ? His new agent better get a move on.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I concur.

how much do you think he'll go for?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
"I think if a top-six club comes along and really push the boat out for him then it'd be hard to say no…”

Agent basically confirms there was no interest from Chelsea... but it helped Dunk get a fat new contract, of course.

Wonder who was feeding the Chelsea rumour to the media?! lol

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/18708446.lewis-dunks-agent-speaks-interest-signing-new-deal/

I was under the impression that Dunks contract stipulates he always matches the top earner, which is why he seems to sing a new contract every transfer window.

With Llalana coming in it was obvious Dunk would be singing an improved deal

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was under the impression that Dunks contract stipulates he always matches the top earner, which is why he seems to sing a new contract every transfer window.

With Llalana coming in it was obvious Dunk would be singing an improved deal

I know that top earner thing is the perceived wisdom on NSC, but I really can't see someone like TB allowing that in a contract ???

(I do however, think that Dunk has improved season on season sufficiently to have earned a new contract each year, good for him and us)

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I know that top earner thing is the perceived wisdom on NSC, but I really can't see someone like TB allowing that in a contract ???

(I do however, think that Dunk has improved season on season sufficiently to have earned a new contract each year, good for him and us)

Agreed. TB Could have just given AL a higher signing on fee with less wages. This would have prevented him from paying Dunk more. I can't see a highest earner clause in LD's contract.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Llalana really is not on as much as people think. His wages are in line with top earners im sure, but im sure a hefty signing on covered the drop in wages for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here